Motorcycle import

hi, has anyone here imported a new or used motorcycle to hcmc?

If its from outside of Viet Nam you will pay import tax and a load of paperwork.

anguyenphamvt wrote:

hi, has anyone here imported a new or used motorcycle to hcmc?

where are you planning to import from? I wouldn't mind knowing myself.

from California, I know for a fact that the import tax was at 100% for motorcycles 2-3 years ago..but I've heard they lowered it to 40% but need someone to help confirm

is it new or at least 5 years old? I was told by a lawyer you can't import vehicles older than 5 years or something. though you see old bikes everywhere. I think it is just misinformation as usual.

yes I also heard that imported bikes or cars has to be either new or within 5 years old with a certain amount of mileage on it.. not sure why I see so many used cars that are over 10yrs old on the streets

http://vietnam.angloinfo.com/transport/ … a-vehicle/

yeah, I just want to see if anyone here on the forum went thru the actual process and how much import that they ended up paying. thanks for the link you sent colinoscapee :)

Do you know the mileage limit?

This has been asked many times over the years and I've yet to see someone follow through with importing a moto or car. Bottom line is it will cost you double or more to import, not to mentions time, a lot of paperwork and headaches. Better just to buy what you want here.