Best cities to live in Uzbekistan

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Uzbekistan. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Uzbekistan.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Dear Julien,

I am originally from Uzbekistan. I was born in Tashkent and I still visit it a lot to see my family.

In reply to your post, Tashkent provides the best job opportunities. All business is in the capital with all the resources a person needs to have in order to have a comfortable life.

Depending on an area (like anywhere else in a world), the prices will vary. However, it is much cheaper than living in the UK, to be honest. Most areas now have huge supermarkets which provide many things for affordable prices (however, depending on what you are buying). Also, it has several big markets where you can buy fresh fruits and veg. My folks, for instance, buy fruits and vegs on a market as it is a better quality that in a supermarket.

Tashkent is very safe. It does have some area where living might not be a good idea but all the expats do live in the center which is very safe and secure.

It also has a considerably good night life which can be quite expensive but still affordable though.

Overall, it is a very cosmopolitan area with friendly people. It has its problems like any other place in the world and it someones gets a well paid job there, then it is worth living there as cost of living is not very expensive.

Hope it helps.

Best,

Lea.