Best cities to live in the USA

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to the USA. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in the USA.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Dear ,

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

this is the question !!

I wish that my freinds Expats share with us !!

Thanks

The question Julien presents is of course quite subjective.

It depends on what sector or industry where you'll find the most job opportunities.  A "good quality of life" is also subjective; what is good for one person may poor for another.  As for "an affordable cost of living", I think that is predicated upon answering the first two questions.  So in all, it's rather difficult to answer objectively.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

The best city to live in is Austin, Texas. Hands down.

Hey Julien,
I am living in Fort Worth, TX.
Housing is much very affordable.
Growing fast.

Hi!

Here is my opinion for a family with kids.

If you work in the finance sector, NY is your city. Everything is very expensive here but this is because of the finance sector salaries...

You will find also a lot of job opportunities in the fashion sector but salaries are much lower.

Miami could be maybe one of the best compromises. Big city with job opportunities and affordable cost of living.

Finnally, all depends on your "expat contract". Some paya for the appartment and schools which makes a huge difference!

I hope it will help!

Montse:)

Portland Oregon. It's "green", cycle friendly, multi-cultural, environmentally friendly, they have open markets, they have street vendors, more coffee shops than you could shake a stick at, it's near the Columbia Gorge, it's near the ocean, & they like to wear a vast array of strange headgear! (hats to you)

Downside is the housing isn't cheap & it rains alot.

It depends on what region the expat is interested in and how much they can afford. If you're coming to Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area), affordable housing would be the East Bay, the safe areas being Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, San Ramon, Danville and Livermore, Fremont, Union City perhaps. If you enjoy the Metropolitan lifestyle then of course San Francisco (pricy) and San Jose. If you prefer the South Bay (San Jose area) San Mateo, Campbell, Visalia, Los Gatos, and Mountain View may be your destinations of choice.

Red Bank, NJ

Minneapolis, MN has a lucrative job market and affordable living. Plus summers in Minnesota are the best. With the high number of millennials in the city, it also has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment.

Anything on San Diego? Am interested in the area.

Seattle, Washington has the best opportunities in high tech industries with Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe, Boeing, etc. Washington state's economy ranked number 1 in 2015. Drawbacks include relatively high cost of living and it rains a lot.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : off topic

Hi Nanu. I live right now in San Diego and it's so far the best city I ever lived in USA. Best weather, safe, good people and lot of things to do

I agree with you and I live in Austin! It is also changing from a small city to a medium city ! Due to sooooo many people moving here . It is changing for the worse. It already has bad traffic and is getting worse every month and like 1000 people are moving here a month. I would love to say that the people moving here are making the city better. But that is not the truth. Many people are moving here to get away from where they are from then they get here and want to change Austin to be like where they came from. I know I can't stop change or growth but most people from Austin don't want anymore people. This being said ! Austin is a great city. It's the music capital , great food ,nice  scenery and some of the nicest people in the world ! Come visit and spend your tourist dollars but please don't stay !!!!lol. :)

check your stats, it doesnt rain alot in Seattle.  Cities like Chicago, KC and many others get more rain.

while detroit and new orleans have their problems you cant beat them for entrepreneurship and culture.

What about the cost of living there ?

I just looked up best state  economies in 2015 in the United States   !Texas was #2 and Washinton state was like # 6 ! Google it !

Hi everyone,

Do not forget that this thread is for you to suggest the best cities to live in the USA according to you.

However you are free to create new threads to discuss further on the its pros/cons[transports, cost of living etc] and other topics that may be interesting.

Naomi.

Meridian, Idaho