Best cities to live in Spain

Moderated by Bhavna 5 months ago
Reason : Please do not promote your own services on the forum. Kindly register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Great thank you sooo much... I shall get to it right away...

Hello everyone,

@ Homegirl13 and globexs, please refer to the Spain business directory if :

- You need a professional, just browse through the categories.
- Are a professional and register so that members can find your contact details.

Any kind of advertising/promotion of services is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you for your comprehension,

Ahh ok..will do!

Hi Tamsin!

I've landed a teaching position at the American School of Valencia and will be moving there next month. The school set me up with a great agency. They speak English pretty solidly, and  have already begun to look for housing for me, sending me links and communicating with landlord:

However, if you are comfortable with speaking Spanish and want to save some money by avoiding agency fees, try any of these websites (recommended to me by teachers already working at the school):

As for the best districts/barrios, I've been recommended anywhere in old town (Ciutat Vella), especially El Barrio Carme. Apparently, there is a large expat community there with an excellent night life scene. I've also been recommended the Ruzafa neighborhood in L'Eixample.

Best of luck, perhaps I'll see you around town!

Valencia, Barcelona and Denia are perfect places to live!!!

Barcelona in Catalunya! It's more European and a little less "mañana" to get things done. ;)
There's the sea, the mountains, Costa Brava.... all very pretty and great if you like the outdoors.

I have been living in San Sebastian, it is the most beautiful place ever, with some great beaches, surrounded by green hills, great for hikes, very child/family friendly, wheather not too hot and not too cold, just 10 Km to France, two hours to Pyrenees ski resorts, simply everything you need. Appartments/housing is a bit more expensive, but it is worthed. I can only recommend!

Hi Kristin!

Congratulations on landing a job!
I'm heading out to Valencia this Friday... I've chosen Benimaclet for now..It's multicultural, buzzing and I believe less Fiestas than Rusafa which was my first choice...But I need my I did an AirBnb there to get a feel a month or so ago..seems pretty cool!  I arrived on the night of San Juan and the tram was literally minutes from the beach.

Keep in touch we'll meet up for coffee and compare neighbourhoods!😉

Questions and answers about Spain

Ask your question
ideal retirement spot??
By bklynboy
Your best business development ideas in Spain
By Priscilla
Recommendations for winter residence please?
By Sherbertfizz

Expatriate health insurance in Spain

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Spain

Moving to Spain

Find tips from professionals about moving to Spain

Travel insurance in Spain

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Spain

Flights to Spain

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Spain