Best cities to live in Iran

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Iran. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Iran.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Why are you looking to go out there now and the reasons for your move will determine that. Work and lifestyle would suit tehran as its the capital.
if your moving for history and sight seeing isfahan

Tehran, Tehran, Tehran, and maybe Tehran :)

Hello everyone,

@ Judit, can you please tell us why Tehran is one of the best cities according to you ? Surely, your feedback will help expats considering the move.

All the best
Bhavna

I agree Tehran is likey to be one of the best places for foriegners to live.

First of all, it's a cosmopolitan city and many international people including professional, students and other residents live in Tehran; especially in north. I would say in many areas in Tehran it's also more secure.

Also,more all settelers can have more job opportunities and better pay in Tehran in comparison with other counties.

Furthermore, iran still has shortage of e-shops and online prurchasing websites. So, in many cases ,especially texhnical stuff, you need to go to the local bazzars in person and catch your items. Therefore, it is important to choose a city which can provide your needs. You can simply jump in a bus or take a train and then access to all requirements.

Tehran is good place for living because of its more work opportunities than other cities. However, it has more difficulties than smaller cities :sosad: . The air pollution, heavy traffic, high costs of living and so on. In Tehran you will gain more payment but you have more costs in turn :D . I think the cities like Isfahan, Tabriz and Shiraz are good choices than Tehran. Tabriz weather is cold in autumn to spring and mild in summer. The windy weather of Tabriz decreases its pollution. The living costs are much less than Tehran. While it is an industrial zone, you can enjoy its less problems. Shiraz is also a good place. It is beautiful with mild to warm weather. But everything depend on your work and interests. The climate, cleanliness, traffic, ...are important factors for me.
Good Luck :cheers:

Hi,

living in Iran for a certain period of time it is recommended to be in Tehran or Karaj (near to Tehran). go to the Caspian sea  as often as possible on weekends to escape pollution and enjoy the beautiful landscape and definitely visit the cities like Isfahan, Tabriz, Shiraz and Kish island.

I think a city with historical places and natural attractions with low traffic and clean air which is underrated is Ardabil City which is the capital of Ardabil providence. It is the only city in iran which has a natural lake on it which is very touristic and beautiful place to visit.
It has several natural hot spas around the city. it has great natural places and valleys, it has very charming weather in summer and spring. it has historical places in city like Sheikh Safi al-Din Khānegāh and jome mosques. it has a very beautiful of great sabalan mountain.
I can help if any tourist like to visit it.

Iran, as far as some western news outlets are concerned, can be unsafe for foreigners.
It would be interesting to know how expats out there see safety in everyday life.

Hi Julien,

Great question but it all depends on what you want to achieve?My fav despite its craziness, is Tehran. So tell me what work you involved in? Do you drive or willing to drive? Have kids? What sort of budget you have in mind as your weekly expense? Any pre decided cities you have in mind? Is pollution a big factor for you? What lifestyle you wish to have?

Too many questions, i know but all helps.