Best cities to live in Finland

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Finland. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Finland.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Hi,

I live in Pori and I would recommend this area. Quite low cost of living. And near to city is big industrial project with a lot of vacancies. I guess is easiest way to get a job there for english speaking professionals. Usually Finish language not needed.

Apart of that, Pori is pretty nice city to live. A lot  of things going on there.

If you are talking to me, and I has been from one of most populous countries, so I will try to live in big cities including Helsinki.

Besides, there are many opportunities and Finland have very less scattered population so its again good idea to live in big cities.

I have an American friend who recently moved to Finland. She is living in Helsinki but since she liked to attend European events she found EuroCircle.com - and there several Finns had told her for example cities like Kuopio are very nice.
However, she said they all pointed out Helsinki (Espoo and Vantaa right next to it) Turku and Tampere and the most international.
She loves it which I find very odd. I have never been there but going from Texas to Finland is not typical. They all warned her finding a job is very hard in Finland as a foreigner unless you work in a field which is clearly more international (software, hardware, engineering, doctors etc) Note: She does not have a job yet
I may go and visit - in the summer, please