Best cities to live in Belgium

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Belgium. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Belgium.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Antwerpen of course!
Lively city and a lot to do here! Cultural events, entertainment, sports what ever you want to do - it is possible.
Antwerp is cosy but still an international city, With the port and the multi-nationals around, you can quickly build up your new network. Not as expensive as Brussels and nice areas to live in.
I am living here for 14 years and never regreted coming here.

Gent! I fell in love with this city the very first time I set foot in it! It has a multi-cultural populace, a university city filled with young people from all over the world. It boasts of historical buildings, quaint cobbled streets, shops conveniently jammed in the center, lovely views, restaurants, pubs, theaters, museums, galleries, green parks... and to top it all, it hosts the immensely popular Gentsefeesten! Been enjoying this city for almost 20 years.

Added bonus is that it is located right smack in the middle Antwerp, Brussels and Bruges!

Antwerp is my favourite and I have lived here for 23 years! Friendly, easy to get around and plenty of culture and good food. Only downside is the traffic but that's a problem for all of Belgium!!

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : comment asked to be removed by the author

Genk...need I say more? 5 years here now. Probably the most efficient 'gemeentehuis' in Belgium, huge bibleotheek, and free fast wi-fi (30mbs/sec) in the city centre :-)

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread.

Please avoid judging and criticizing  the choice of others !

Thanks

Priscilla :)

Deleted by me.

Priscilla wrote:

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread.

Please avoid judging and criticizing  the choice of others !

Thanks

Priscilla :)

I must apologise if anything I said was inappropriate. I thought it was rather funny, much like Donald Trumps comments about Brussels were just that, a joke. He clearly has no idea. I also certainly didn't mean to advocate the use of any illegal substances. Again, it was meant to be a joke.

I would welcome any comments about Genk :-) People could say that the speed of the free wi-fi in Genk was about the only exciting thing that ever happens here, when in fact many other exciting things do happen, such as Genk on Stage, Carnaval Stoet, Hakketakken (aka a pub crawl) Internationale Vuur Parade to name but a few :-)

I missed your joke, could you pm it to me? ;-p

milay wrote:

I missed your joke, could you pm it to me? ;-p

I first need to figure out how to PM on this website ;-)...please stand by. Ok, figured it out. You've got mail :-)

I didn't actually start the joke, I just ran with it, too far, apparently. Maybe I should get out more often. There really is so much going on in Genk...

Brussels, Gent,oostende, antwerpen

Antwerp anytime.. a not so big city with a feeling of a big city. Safe place, friendly people, lot of expats, good food options, good night life and lot of activities all year round.

Hi Folks,
What are people's opinions on city's south of Brussels to live in?

Mons, Charleroi or Namur for example?

Good evening ladies and gentlemen

I would to enquire about the best cities in Belgium regarding rents

I can also only recommend my little German speaking region in the eastern part of Belgium. It is very peaceful, and if you prefer the calmer countryside, and still want a good quality of living, this place is exactly right for you. It is located right between Luxembourg and Germany, reasonably prices and still, there are lots of activities to discover.