Best cities to live in Bahrain

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Bahrain. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Bahrain.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Juffair is affordable and safe place.

To settle down for a long time you must see the countries with stable financial and internal economy situation. I guess Bahrain is not one of them perhaps it may be but it required a time. I suggest some areas in Malaysia (especially Kota Kinabalu Saba) are suitable, Germany up towns, some CIS states and Eastern European are good to settling down for a longer time.

There are no cities in Bahrain.

Also where people choose to live depends a lot on their nationality, where they are working, where their kids go to school and the ages of the kids. Whether they drive or not is also a factor.

I'm afraid this post is too general to fit in with Bahrain

seems to be a general post from a mod to increase the value of content on the forum.

Of the two options here, I think I'd prefer Juffair to Kota Kinabalu. the latter's a hell of a commute  :lol:

In my own personal perspective and after living in Bahrain for a while, I will acknowledge that Bahrain is the best place to work and live than Malaysia. Amwaj area here in Bahrain is a cool place to live especially for Westerners but it's little costly to stay there. Jufair is second to Amwaj and also good with little expenses.
Manama is very cheap a place to live but too lousy it is...

I guess one's bugdet is also a big factor. For those whose company foot the accomodation bill there are plenty of choices. As for those who have to pay from their own pockets thats a different story. Limited choices with few comforts.

All depends on the family situation and the working location.

As you will work in saudi as a lot of expats you should live in Western Bahrain.

Best international schools are alos in that area.

Most international feeling you will have for certain on Amwaj island.

Juffair is expensive, in fact over priced