Need some help

Hello everyone..

this is nidhi here..
actually my husband got job in south korea in samsung.
so just want some help.
we r shifting from gujarat to south korea so plz tell me what should we bring to settle down over there?
is wheat flour is available over there?
and tell me hws life over there?
thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum nidskunal ;)

I hope members from Seoul will advise you accordingly by contributing to your discussion!

Best Regards!

these days i dont think it is good to go there...i guess

Y???r u in Korea rite now?

Hi Nidhi,

I am from bangalore currently working with samsung, came here for just 2 months.
Right now whether is very cold here & also in coming months it will becomes worse(around -20).
About food items, if you people are vegetarian then its really difficult here, you won't get wheat floor, rice & dal here easily. You can get rice but its different than indian rice.
So better option is courier through GPO from india which seems to be chipper and convenient. Also if you will be staying in Suwon area then some hotels are there where you can get indian food items.

if you or kunal needs any other help. contact me...

Hi thanks 4 reply...so Wat should v bring wid us?r there indian peoples staying in suwon?n people knows English or not?n Hws flat for samsung employees? Actually v r cmin in this January...

N yea is there any tension Bcz of north n south Korea still or not?

Hello Nidskunal !!

I'm not staying in Korea now but I travel there every year
I also used to live in Suwon !
Thats a really nice wonderfull city
People in korea are nice and always try to help the others
young people speak more and more english these days
about food, there are nice snack everywhere

Someone talked about vegetarian ? are you ???
you might eat nice tofu there or i can give you a list of nice food and restaurant in Suwon if you can eat "all"

don't hesitate to ask more !!!

Have a nice day !

V r pure vegetarian..is there any small companies in suwon which works in electronics?do u Hav any idea??Bcz I m an electronics engg n I also wanna do job Bt I Hav less experience...

Well I guess as vegetarian it's not easy, wherever the country...
in Korea, I often went to big supermarket as : Homeplus / Lotte Mart / Gs Mart. There you can find all the vegetables you need :)
there might be some electronics companies but i know more about hospitals there... sorry
you can try to find some website about " work in korea "
also, english is number 1 language... there are plenty of private schools. so if you're "perfect" in english you will find easily a teacher job there. :)

Hi Nidhi,
Congratulations to you and your husband. I know a lot of Indians who are working for Samsung. It willbe a challenge sometimes  but will also be a fun, interesting, and mind opening experience.
I've lived in Korea for the past four years and one thing I can tell you is things change quickly. A lot of the people who answered you seem to have never been in korea or to have been here 5-10 years ago. Of course Korea is not India. There will be differences. But it's a lovely place to live, very high standard of living.

Being the dependent you might feel lonely and isolated being so far from family but if you get out and make friends (Indian Korean and other international ppl) you should be able to create a nice social support network.

Wheat flour is most definitely available. For other flours you may have to go to foreign markets.  Indian and Nepali restaurants are opening up all over the place and so you could also ask the owners where they get their ingredients.

Are you on facebook? Send me a private msg with ur ID and I will try to connect you with some Indians living here in Seoul/suwon.

nidskunal wrote:

Hello everyone..

this is nidhi here..
actually my husband got job in south korea in samsung.
so just want some help.
we r shifting from gujarat to south korea so plz tell me what should we bring to settle down over there?
is wheat flour is available over there?
and tell me hws life over there?
thanks in advance