Thinking of looking for a job online in Bangkok. Any advice ?

I am a Kenyan woman thinking of looking for a job online in Bangkok. Any advise for me? I am currently in Nairobi, Kenya.

You can looking job but I  not sure for that coz you are not thai citizen well see on Craigslist.bangkok or www.jobsdb.com. And good luck ;)

Hello,

I have also recently moved here (well around 5 months ago). I'm living with 2 other teachers I met here at my school. Where are you based?

Zoe :-)

I find it strange that someone here said I cant get a job in Thailand coz I am not a Thai citizen. Its hilarious to think that there are no foreigners in Thailand. No expats working there? Posting such a statement is wreckless and misinformative.

Hello everyone,

Since the "New Members" thread is only for the introduction of members, this new thread has been created from your posts on the Bangkok forum.

Here are some infos about jobs in Bangkok : Find a job in Bangkok

And an interesting post/thread : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 02#2774270

All the best
Bhavna

smarshy wrote:

I find it strange that someone here said I cant get a job in Thailand coz I am not a Thai citizen. Its hilarious to think that there are no foreigners in Thailand. No expats working there? Posting such a statement is wreckless and misinformative.

Well a Thai can do any jobs and start working the same day the contract is signed ( immediate availibiity ), a foreigner will need a work permit to work here, which can take long to obtain and you are not allow to work before to get it.

There is a list of jobs forbidden to foreigners ( only for Thai, you can find it in the forum ), after that the company who want to recruit a foreigners will have some constraint like  2M THB capital for each work permit, then they need to recruit 4 locals people for each foreigners, there is also minimum wage for foreigners depending on their nationalities which are higher than local people .... 

in some specific business called BOI ( Board of Investment ) or private schools, there are less constraints, and those business does not have quotas to recruit foreigners, salary also can be lower.

Now with similar diplomas and experiences, the priority will be given to a local Thai people, foreigner are welcome in areas where the Thai can not compete, or not easy to find Thai graduated in those areas...

May expats in Thailand are retired people, and they are not allowed to work under retirement visa, after they are some who have B visa and work permit, and those work legally, many as teachers, or multinational companies, and others working illegally on tourist visa,

Even to open a business here you will need a Thai accociate who will have the majority of share 51%.

Please read others forums to understand Thai laws, as Thai laws are protectionist and different than what people know in their home country

Forget about it.  Unless you have very unique skills in a very unique job, you will just not get hired.  Read about Thai work category limits and work permits.
Most people in these very narrow categories already know a job opening, often held just for them.

For sure you can find job and work here in Thailand but it's very difficult because of your nationality ,there is many countries around 32 or 34 it's very difficult to get permition from The government , next think you can do job which Thais can't do so you must show your education and this must be really special maybe as a engineer of similar education that's why is difficult .
But anyway good luck

Hey Chocolate Eye Candy Girl, coming to Thailand!

If you already have excellent IP service in Nairobi, then why would leave your own home country, to work an online job, in a foreign country? 

The best kept secret, is the secret that keeps itself. Do you understand?

This is tough