Residency VISA application delays

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how long it should take to get your VISA since the new immigration  law was passed last Jan 1?

Our company PRO applied for my VISA last Jan 12. Problem is I have a booked flight on Feb 4 and I don't know if I should rebook it or if there's a way for me to travel even if my VISA is under process.

Help please. Thank you.

Your quote is not clear enough. Does it mean your visa application is submitted after the approval?  If so, no worries.. your visa will be issued on time.

shanafashyaana wrote:

Your quote is not clear enough. Does it mean your visa application is submitted after the approval?  If so, no worries.. your visa will be issued on time.

According to our PRO, they submitted my VISA application to immigration. Thing is, I saw an article on Gulf News yesterday saying that VISA applications are being delayed because of the new law.

In normal cases, visa will be issued within 14 working days. About delay because of new low, we never felt it so far.

shanafashyaana wrote:

In normal cases, visa will be issued within 14 working days. About delay because of new low, we never felt it so far.

Is there a way for me to verify if my work VISA application is indeed already with immigration? I'm really worried about my flight on Feb 4...

:/

kill3rtomato wrote:

Is there a way for me to verify if my work VISA application is indeed already with immigration? I'm really worried about my flight on Feb 4...

Only the PRO of your company can, as they are having the username and password. Speak with your HR