Looking to meet some new people

Hi,

I have recently moved to Amsterdam from London. Lived in London for 9 years, but originally I am from Bosnia.

I am 30 years old, very friendly and sociable.

I would like to met like minded people. :)

Hello Selma30

Browsing the forum and participating on threads in the Networking in Amsterdam section of the forum may help you get connected with members around.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi Selma,

Welcome to the Netherlands! I live here for about 6 years now, but way up north. I am from Croatia, btw.

Hi Kanjee,

Thanks for the input. Will have a look. :)

Stitch girl, which part?

Karlovac.
You?

Iz Bosne, Zenica. A jel zivis sad u Amsterdamu, ili drugom gradu u Holandiji?

Welcome on board Selma,

As this is an Anglophone forum we appreciate if you communicate in English so everyone can have the benefits of it.

If you prefer to continue in your language, I suggest to use the private email system.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Language police strikes again!

I live in the North of the Netherlands, near Assen, so too far to meet. I just replied since you mentioned you are from Bosnia. Better try Meet- up if you are after social life, this forum is more or less dead.

I agree with you that the forum is inactive on the moment. There are several reasons behind this.

One of them is that members are not contribute. Every member is responsible for this and that includes you too.

Therefore I invite everyone to share experiences, give answers and open new threads.

As for the language concerns : the language on this forum is English, that's a fact. You can choose another language  (Spanish, French, Italian and Portugese ) by clicking on the flag to enter the forum of your choice.

Some forums just don't pick up at all. Part of the reason is that the english language is pushed so hard at all times. Selma just asked one question in Croatian and she was immediately told off for it.
If you noticed that up to now I wrote in English even though I knew that she speaks Croatian. And exactly the need for that kind of  nit-picking is big reason for inactivity of this forum.
There is ONLY spanish, italian, portugese and french forum other than English one. The rest of the world just goes somewhere else.

This is the forum policy and I can't change that. The languages which now available are the most spoken.  If you have some suggestions what kind of language they should consider to add, you can always contact the moderators or use the contact forum below the page.

I have nothing against talking in your own language and I understand this completely. That's why I suggested to contact in private as this can end in a kind of private chat session on a open forum.

StitchGirl wrote:

Some forums just don't pick up at all. Part of the reason is that the english language is pushed so hard at all times. Selma just asked one question in Croatian and she was immediately told off for it.
If you noticed that up to now I wrote in English even though I knew that she speaks Croatian. And exactly the need for that kind of  nit-picking is big reason for inactivity of this forum.
There is ONLY spanish, italian, portugese and french forum other than English one. The rest of the world just goes somewhere else.

You're overreacting, nobody was told off.  She was politely invited to follow the established rules, that each member agrees to follow when creating an account on this site.  Alternatively suggesting that she could use the PM system to communicate in any language she wishes, again, is hardly "telling off".

The site would be unmanageable if any and every language could be used on the forum, and it would further limit the responses, because not everyone can understand this or that minority language.

Romaniac

Hi,

I really apologise for switching to Croatian.

I think I just got over excited that someone has replied to me who's from Croatia and we speak same language.

It was not my intention to start conversation in Bosnian or Croatian, and make rest of people uncomfortable. :)

So apologies. :)

No worries Selma, I hope you'll find the site useful.  :top:

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi. Im jen. I will be traveling  to Netherlands this feb17 up to march 1 for holiday. 😊😊😊

Happy to organise a ge together if enough people are interested. Please let meknow if you are.

hi..i would b travelling to Netherlands in march and would be interested in meeting new people etc..i hope the forum become active and i find cherishing friends here :)