VIETNAMESE BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Dear Members, my Vietnamese Fiance was born in Nha Trang. She has lost her Birth Certificate and we need to go to Nha Trang to get a replacement.

Does anyone know the name of the Office, its address and telephone number that would be responsible for helping us with this?

I appreciate any responses.

Cheers
Gary

Your fiancee needs to know exactly where she was born. She should go to the ward office of the ward she was born in, or to the village/commune office if she was born outside Nha Trang city limit (which isn't far out of town). 

Expect to be given the runaround. The words, "Oh, that's a difficult request," is code for "This is going to cost you heaps of money!"  If your wife has any relatives in the area, they may be able to assist, if they get along well with the local authorities.

Agree with Ralph.
First, her ward UBND, then to the Department of Justice office for the original certificate.

Thank you both for your reply. My was born in Nha Trung. I have tried to search on Google using Department of Justice Nha Trung and Ward Nha Trung to try and get the address and telephone information. NO LUCK.

Do you have any recommendations on how I might identify the address of the office we need to go to?

Kind Regards

Gary

DOJ
UBND

In 1937 the French colonial administration upgraded the status of Nha Trang to a town and created several wards. Since then the town has grown, along with the number of wards. You should try and establish which ward your wife's family lived in and go to the office of that ward with your initial enquiry.

Here is the name and address of the Khanh Hoa Department of Justice, from a Google search in Vietnamese:

Sở Tư Pháp Tỉnh Khánh Hòa
3A Hàn Tuyên
Nha Trang

email: [email protected]
phone (8458) 382 22351, (8458) 382 2252 (you can ring on Skype)

Good luck.

Dear Ralph, thank you very much.

Sincerely

Gary