From Canada to Italy

Hi everyone,
I'm Chandra, from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I moved to Italy in 2009 and have been living in the Oltrepò Pavese for the past 6 years.
I came to Italy on a working-vacation visa and was offered a full-time contract 3 months after I arrived.

I'm currently married to an Italian who I met in Chile while studying abroad, run a lifestyle blog called, Italianbelly.com, teach dance and aerobics, run an export department for an Italian pastry machine manufacturing company and am 7 months pregnant.

I just started my blog a month ago and it is currently my ongoing project.  Another future project of mine is to start some yoga/meditation retreats in the hills of the Oltrepò Pavese. 
Together with my winemaker husband, we'd like to put his fermentation skills to the test and make some craft beer as well.

Hopefully, we can get these projects done within the next 5 years so you all can come stay with us, drink good wine and beer, relax and enjoy the view.

Hello ı want to come over to italy from turkey in june.....and am looking for the ossibilities of living for a while to have an idea about settling..cı am an ex academician lady..can we have the contacts please best regards..y.e

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Hello ı am  a retired turkish English educator lady planning to settle in italy..ı might come over to see your places and see your products..thank you..yıldız

Hi Chandra, i resonate with your projects and your zest. I came to Italy one month ago
to housesit in Villafranca Lunigiana and fell in love with this area. I'll be done with my
housesit in one week and am looking to spend another month in Italy.
I'd love to hear more about your retreat plans. I've been travelling around Europe for
the past 10 months toying with similar ideas.
Also if you know anybody who might need some help with house sitting or care, I'm currently
looking. I also got my Certificates in Energy Medicine, Reiki and Massage Therapy with me.
Another possibility. I'll be heading to Colorado beginning of April to see my son for one month
and then possibly back here.
Thanks,
Gabriele

Hi Gabriele,
Glad you enjoyed your stay in Italy.  You can follow me on my blog at Italianbelly.com for more adventures/misadventures. I will keep my eye out for opportunities in house sitting or care.  There's an expat newsletter in Milan that comes out monthly called http://www.easymilano.it/ with ads for job opportunities as well. You might want to check that out. 
Good luck with everything!

Thanks Chandra for your kind response.
Best wishes,
Gabriele