Job opportunities in Sweden

I intend emigrate from California  in the spring. Is it svår/difficult to find even a simple job in Sverige?

Hello Rotorrogue,

I have created a new thread with your post in the Sweden Forum.

Can you please tell us more what kind of job are you looking for? In what sector?

Have you been in Sweden before?

Thank You,
Regards,
Naomi.

I am having to work from home with an American company, because the job market is so fierce!

I am experienced multi cuisine chef from India. Can I get Indian Chef job any Where in Sweden. Previously I worked as a Indian Chef job in Germany and New Zealand. Please guide me. I am to work in hotel or restaurant or private residence.I have valued international passport up to 2019.

Hello everyone,

If you are looking for jobs, please drop an advert in the jobs section here : Jobs in Sweden

Or contact professionals : https://www.expat.com/en/business/europe/sweden/1_jobs/

All the best
Bhavna

Hi there!  Unfortunately, in karlstad, the only Indian cuisine restaurant is so very bland, but that's because many swedes I have asked, don't really like the spicey food. In Göteborg, however, I ate one of the best curries at 'Tre Indier' so I guess it's just the simple way of living in Karlstad. I am sure people in bigger, vibier cities are more outgoing with their taste buds.  I love Indian cuisine, and I have had to teach myself how to make curry. I still havent found the perfect recipe.  Good luck!!

About the original job related query....since i do live in Karlstad, it is not very English, and I am a Preschool Teacher, so I have had to focus on learning the language while my sambo supports us financially. It sucks, and it terribly difficult to live this way. I am lucky to have found a school that has an English family, and I work part time and temp. Other than that, every other application for work has been turned down. I am starting to think about selling my art pieces I have made (hobby craft work) 

So depending on your career, level of swedish and city you choose, job hunting will vary drastically.  All the best of luck!!!!