job market for expats

Any chance you can tell me what the job market is like for expats/foreigners? I wish to  move to Sverige in the spring. I am a American white male. How hard can it be I figure.

Well, the first question is do you know Swedish? If not, it is very difficult to find a job, at least in Southern Sweden. If you have some sort of hard to find skills, then that is a different story. I was told by the unemployment office here in Southern Sweden 40% of the people living there work in Denmark or Norway. So my suggestion is to learn as much Swedish as possible, before you get here. I hope I helped!

Its hard but not impossible! Depends à lot on which area you are specialized in!

It depends on what kind of work you do. Are you fluent in Swedish language? Do you have higher education? A place to live secured? If you can work in a social service or teaching, doctor or nursing capacity, your chances are high. If you work in IT the market is a roller coaster. Whatever you do, do NOT come without a job and housing lined up. You will hit all sorts of bureaucratic hoops and loops. I have been here eight months, have a degree and am authorized to work in my field but have been tasked with mandatory language and societal orientation courses BEFORE I get a job. A person can get by just fine with English if you can secure a position first.

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Job boards for ESL teacher in Sweden
By mr.cory.beck
looking to move to sweden
By leesh2310
Creation of a bookcase coffee in Stockholm
By EllAlien
By jhovie2990
Summer job/agricultural job
By me_ehasan

Expatriate health insurance in Stockholm

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Stockholm

Moving to Stockholm

Find tips from professionals about moving to Stockholm

Travel insurance in Stockholm

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Stockholm

Flights to Stockholm

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Stockholm