What can I bring into Canada???
Canada Border Services Agency has a list of items that are prohibited or restricted from entry to Canada, whether you're an expat just arriving here or a Canadian citizen returning from abroad. … p-eng.html

Food products: The general rule of thumb is if it is anything that is also produced in Canada, then it will probably be prohibited and will be confiscated and destroyed. Meat of any kind is prohibited.

All food products MUST be declared upon entry to Canada. For those tempted to try and sneak something by CBSA officers, just remember one small detail. If you declare the food products as you're supposed to, the very worst thing that can happen is that they'll confiscate it. If on the other hand you don't declare the food product, you can be subject to fines that start at $1,300.00 CAD on top of the confiscation.

Any plant material, vegetables that may still have roots and/or soil attached are going to be prohibited and confiscated too. Fines for not declaring are same as above.

Alcohol and Tobacco products:  Each person is allowed one carton of cigarettes (200 cigarettes), or 50 cigars, or 200 grams of tobacco, or 200 tobacco sticks exempt of duty. Over that amount one pays duty.
Two 750 ml bottles of wine.
Alcoholic Beverages     Up to 1.14 litres     Up to 40 fluid ounces    
Beer or Ale     Up to 8.5 litres     Up to 287 fluid ounces     Approximately 24 cans or bottles (355 ml each) of beer or ale.
You are allowed to import only one of the amounts listed in the table free of duty and taxes, as part of your personal exemption.

Firearms and Ammunition: You must report ALL firearms and ammunition to CBSA officers upon arrival at any point of entry. Failure to report arms will result in confiscation and criminal charges. Handguns, Assault rifles and high capacity magazines are prohibited and will be confiscated and destroyed.  For American citizens who have legally registered and licensed weapons, and are transiting through Canada (to/from Alaska to the Lower 48) it is necessary to obtain an Application for an Authorization to Transport Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Firearms (Form CAFC 679) in advance, please contact:

Canadian Firearms Program
Ottawa ON K1A 0R2

Telephone: 1-800-731-4000 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
506-624-5380 (from all other countries)
Fax: 613-825-0297
E-mail: cfp-pcaf[at]
Web site:

Entering Canada by boat? Boaters are required to report IMMEDIATELY to the nearest CBSA Direct Reporting Site - Marine (DRS/M) or to the nearest Telephone Reporting Site - Marine (TRS/M). This means immediately, no stops, no delays... failure to do so will result in detention, seizure or forfeiture of the vessel, and fine. The MINIMUM fine for failure to report immediately to CBSA is $1,000.00 CAD.

Reporting requirements for private boaters:

James Experts Team

ok i got it

New topic