Buying car in Italy and taking to Albania

Hi,

Can I buy a car in Italy and bring it to Albania?  Anyone got any experience of this or any info on how feasible this might be.

Thank you,

DD

hi there
Yes you can buy any car from italy
Best thing is to buy from the dealers since they will help you with the right paper work of Export.
If you buy from private sellers then you check with the italian law of Export but it will be a lot of hassle.
I usually buy direct from dealers in germany and drive all the way back to albania in order to cut down the expenses of the shipping.
You can do the same but since you are in italy better use the ferry from italy to albania and you will be paying not much.
The custom's fee in albania were 20% of car value from the last time i brought a car in.
I am not sure if that has changed since i am talking with 4 years diference now.

you can update me after you enter the car in the albanian port and clear the customs

good luck

Really appreciate your reply - thank you.

I also had the idea of getting the vehicle I need in Germany and driving it here to Albania. Either that or Greece or Italy. Simple a much better choice as I have quite specific requirements.

I know about the export plates needed to take the car out of GErmany.

What happens at the Albania border? How long does it take to get through customs with the German car?

Many thanks in advance for any further info.

DD

At the Albanian border they will check your papers and check if the car is stolen or legimate.  The waiting time depends but you should be clear within 1 hour if it will not be many ppl

Hello...Im Valmira from Albania..I need to ask you something if I can?please replay me..

Coco-loco-mia wrote:

Hello...Im Valmira from Albania..I need to ask you something if I can?please replay me..

blusky2015  is no longer a member of the site and this post is 3 years old.