Volunteer jobs/ translating courses

Hi everyone,
I am Max from the Caribbean and I moved here in late August 2015. I am French and Australian. I would like to get a volunteer job and also  to take translating courses.
All ideas are welcome and thank you in advance for replying.

You haven't said what type of voluntary work you would like to do.  I know that you can find a list of voluntary organisations on-line which might be a place to start and there have been some discussions on this forum too.
With regards to translation training - you could ask the British Council if they can suggest somewhere or the Chamber of Commerce.  I know in the UK the Institute of Linguists offer something and they may have an on-line/distance learning option.

Hi Jkev,
Sorry to get back to you that late. Many thanks for your answer. Actually I don't really know which activity to do to keep myself busy. All I want is an organisation where the volunteer work can be flexible. I did contact an association as called here but they never returned any of my messages. I keep on searching and eventually something will come up.
Concerning the translating courses I did looked up on the net and I found a very interesting on-line courses located in UK but I haven't made up my mind yet.
Thanks again,
Kind regards

If you like dogs you might try PAWS
Best of luck

Hi. Concerning translating courses you can contact Formaclic on the 243-8635. They have a variety of courses and interesting learning programmes adapted to different type of people. If you need more advices please feel free to contact me. I will offer you my help for free.

Good day.

Firstly, I hope that you have found what your are looking for.

Regarding translation courses, it would be best to find an online course to follow in your spare time. I run a translation agency that is based on the island of Mauritius and would be glad to offer guidance should you need.

You can either contact me through our website: ***

Kind regards,

Bertrand Mauvis

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Bonjour, j` habite a Maurice et je cherche le job avec les chiens - elevage, dressage, etc.
Je serai vraiment  tres reconnaissante si vous pouvez m` indiquer.
J`ai l`experience en elevage des chiens de race et en plus je les adore.

En attente de vous relire, OLGA.

Bonjour Bertrand,

si j`ai bien compris , vous avez une Translate Agency.

Je me permet de vous demander si vous avez besoin des traducteurs de la langue russe.

Merci de me repondre,

Olga PANTELEEVA.

Hello Olga,

Yes, I run a translation agency on the island of Mauritius. We are always keen on taking translators on-board and enlarging our network.

Note: Only applicants that meet the minimum standard are considered.

Would you be so kind as to submit your CV in French or English via private message.
I'll be glad to review and get back to you.

Wishing you a good day.

Regards,

Bertrand Mauvis

Mr. Bertrand,

merci de votre reponce.

Veuillez de m`indiquer le mail pour vous envoyer mon CV, svp.

Cordialement,

Olga.

Hello Olga,

I am not sure if the email address will be blocked or not.

Here is our email address: xxx

Regards,
Bertrand Mauvis

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

@ Olga, please write only in English on the anglophone forum so as members fully understand you.

Furthermore, if you are looking for job, do not hesitate to drop an advert along with your cv in the Jobs in Mauritius section of the website.

All the best,
Bhavna