Nice safe centrally located hotel there in Puerto Plata

Can anyone recommend a nice safe centrally located hotel there in Puerto Plata. This being my first trip to the DR. I am going to spend 15 days there in hopes I will like he place well enough to make a decision on planting my feet for a while.
Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard,

I have created a  new thread with your post on the Dominican Republic forum for more visibility and interaction with the members. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

You may not want to stay in Puerto Plata itself, but rather in Sosua, Cabarete, Cabrera or other local areas.  PP is a busy, congested Dominican city

Bob K

Thanks Priscilla!   

Bob some people actually like Puerto Plata and dislike  Sosua and Cabarete!   I am one of them.

The north coast is quite varied in  and it goes from sleepy little towns,  to larger towns (not really a city yet)  to  beachfront tourist / expat specialty areas to  farm country,  and to the east a large golf course community. 

It all depends on what you actually like!   Take a look at all the areas.  Puerto Plata might be a less expensive base of operations while you discover the other areas from Luperon all the way east to Playa Grande! 

As to a hotel in  Puerto Plata -  most hotels in the area are All Inclusive hotels. In PUerto PLata  there are not that many other options.  I know the Montesilva -  basic maybe  2 1/2 stars on that scale.  Others Mountainview is actually a bit nicer but noisier.  That is all I know about, sorry.

oops

Bob K

Hahahahahaha!  I  still love you Bob.

Thanks

Bob K

Safe and economical, try Cabarete Surf Camp in Cabarete. Also called, Alli's Surf Camp. Don't really know Puerto Plata.