Electric Cars Questions

Hi I was wondering if anyone could kindly answer a few questions for me.

I have seen some information on incentives to purchase electric cars in Malta but seem to be struggling to find much more on this.

I think I read that if I was to trade in any petrol or diesel car, I would receive 4000 euros to put towards purchasing an electric car, is that correct? If I was to purchase any old banger of a car, could I use this to trade in and claim the 4000 euros?

I seem to be struggling to find any prices for electric cars, can you point me in the right direction?

Typically how many miles would I receive from a full charged electric car? How long does it take to recharge and how much would this usually cost?

Hi danbatch

Not a direct response to part one of your question, sorry I can offer no help on that front but regarding EV's most of the questions you want answers on will be in the Pistonheads EV section here.... http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/foru … mid=420675

I noted last time we were in Gozo electric recharge points, and had a bit of a browse around electric car prices. I didn't find a lot either. In the UK most are lease only, though you can buy near new and second hand from Autotrader. General concerns over buying is long-term costs associated with battery replacement, and any electrical and mechanical issues which may be more than the standard garage can deal with.

Hope this helps in some way. Dan.

This from the TOM gives information on the scheme and a link to the application form.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … day.598719

Getting it charged up could be a problem if you don't own a garage with electricity.

Have seen a few hybrids in Malta and the electric taxis in Valletta but not seen a pure electric.

My son in the USA owns a TESLA and its fantastic, frighteningly fast and although he charges it in his garage when not in use, on along journeys they have drive in garages where you can have all the batteries changed for a fully charged new set in half an hour!

Malta has a long way to go!

Terry