Getting a fiancee visa while on a tourist visa in Norway

Hi guys,

I would like to know the process of getting a fiancee visa while Im here in Norway under the tourist visa only? Should my bf be the one to apply? Will they allow me to stay after my visit visa expires?

Would really appreciate your help. I leave first wk of March and we are hoping to apply for a fiancee visa so i wont have to leave my bf anymore.

Thanks!

This has been discussed in another thread thoroughly. You may want to read this

FAQ:Getting Married on a Tourist Visa

Regarding the application for permit you can read this

FAQ: From tourist visa to fiance per/spouse res permit while in Norway

This posts are based on my personal experience, therefore it is not an assurance that it is applicable to anyone. I am sharing this as a guide to others.

If in case you have questions that are based on special circumstances in accordance to your situation, i suggest you call the offices/ authorities (politi/udi/skatteetaten- where you can find in google) concerned.

Would you know if they can allow me to stay if we decide to get married (bypass the fiancee application) even if im not a skilled worker?

That would always depend on the politi and udi so it is better to call them. There are some who had been allowed and there are others that even if they are skilled workers were not allowed.

Stephy is right it's better to call them and ask. It's different for each case.

Hi,

We have called and i will go home and file from the philippines.  They said thats my only way. So i guess thats it. We just have to wait hopefully for not so long.

Thank you so much for giving time to answer my queries. 😘