Laptop Fraud at C*** and C*** Store

DON'T buy from C** 'n' C***. My son went there to purchase an HP laptop, 2.0ghz i3 processor (with Windows 10) yesterday. He saw this model and asked for it. They said it was the only one left. He then tested the laptop and it crashed 3 TIMES. They said this was NORMAL. He didn't agree. In the end they said they had a new one at the back and they would get it.

Meanwhile he paid his Rs 28,500, then the "new box" came. He noticed it had a different model number on the box and told them. The Manager said it's okay because they just put the laptop in another box.. and that the laptop is the correct one. The box was completely taped "ready to go".

He then asked them to open the box on the spot. They did.

First of all it was a completely different colour. By now the manager was edging towards the back of the store. My son then powered the laptop and,.. it had a 1.7ghz speed processor instead of 2.0. kept crashing and smaller hard drive. By now the manager had totally disappeared. Then they noticed there was Windows 8.1 instead of 10. The salesman said it's 'upgradable to 10. Then we found out the laptop does not work with windows 10 because of the hardware. My son then asked for his money back and, having failed in their fraud, returned it in 30 seconds.

(Warning: If you walked out with that box, there is no way you would get a refund on it).

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : To avoid diffamation, name of company has been moderated.

Me too heard some issues regarding honesty @ C*** & C***.

Went a few time in their shop but never purchased.

I preferred IT-BOX - Good service - home delivery...

Reason : To avoid diffamation, name of company has been moderated.

People ѕтιll coмplaιn aвoυт c*** and c***...

Alмoѕт oғ нιѕ prodυcтѕ are υѕeleѕѕ...

Reason : Name of company moderated to avoid diffamation.

Only buy products where you are assured after sales service with a smile.  Buying from a c** and c***will give you a lot of problems afterwards.  If you are an Apple Mac user, you buy direct from an Apple Authorised Reseller with after Sales Service on site.  The same applies for other makes. Do make a check to see who ae the importers and if thety have back up after sale service.

I buy my Samsung phones and appliances straight from Samsung. Ever wondered why a phone costing Rs. 12, 000 at Samsung costs Rs. 8,000 at C*** n C***? Even when the shops are just two steps apart and for a similar phone model or even other devices. Be careful where you buy from. You better buy at a higher cost straight from the manufacturer or authorized distributor but be guaranteed of quality than buy cheap but fake or more...get conned.

C&C is completely a fraud !! Last year, i went there to buy a stand fan.. was told by salesman and manager that it was in promo for ~2800 and when i agreed to buy and went to the counter to pay they told me it is 3750 !! such a loot..
They are just fleecing in case you dont check the card before swipe, and straight pay trusting them !!

@ Stormtrooper which C&C was that?

Don't like the store. Far too many sales assistants milling around doing nothing and why does it take 5 people to process a sale? We bought a microwave from them 3 years ago and touch wood we never had a problem with it.
I wouldn't buy a laptop or TV from them having read this.

I heard all the other "C*** and C****" stores are all the same (admin: Note I have not mentioned the full name). They have branches everywhere. In Port Louis, Curepipe, Quatre Bornes, Bagatelle, La Croisette and more places. The store this happened was in Curepipe.

I actually counted the number of staff working in one of the stores: 21. 
21! for a shop not bigger then 400m². And as you said, most of them are just counting the minutes on their watch.

We bought a rice-cooker and I don't know about the easy style. We had to wait 20 minutes for someone to get the item out of the stockroom, another 20 minutes for them to make a bill and finally another 15 minutes for them to open the (sealed) box and show you that everything is in it.

And what's the deal with asking for your ID-card and address? They don't even ask why they want it for, they don't do direct-marketing and for the guarantee you need to register with the manufacturer.

I had better experience with 361. Don't know about others though.

I like 361. Had a few domestic appliances from them including the cooker  and television.
Much nicer customer experience all round. They actually do seem to know what they are selling for a start.
Most stores have asked us for ID including Courts and Kalachand when buying goods. Why I don't know. The address they need for delivery.
Your experience with the rice cooker sounds about right - it takes forever to complete a sale at C&C!
21 staff also sounds about right!  :)

I bought a tablet from the shop. One day I had to do a factory reset. When it booted, the interface was in Arabic! I had to go on the Internet to find out which buttons to press in order to revert the interface to English.
It was the first and last time that i buy from them.
Gj