Little Holes in my cotton tops?

Hello Peeps!

I am experiencing a strange problem since moving here a month ago.  I am finding tiny little holes in my favorite cotton tops.......Could this be moths eating my clothes?  We did buy a new washing machine .   Maybe its chewing up my clothes?   

I never experienced this problem before.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Diana

I don't experience this but a good friend of mine has the exact same issue. It's only her cotton told, no pants or dresses.

Let me ask how you store them? Maybe we can find something in common.

Hello Planner!

Thank you for your reply!

It just seems to be cotton for me as well.   I store them in a mahogany closet......I am thinking it must be our washing machine..... I notice it has happened to the tops that were washed...... I am going to hand wash these tops from now on....

We purchased brand new washer and dryer,  maybe the washers here are a little more rough than the ones in Canada!

Cheers
Diana

Is it a Dominican style washer or automatic?

It 's automatic.......I think maybe this is from leaning against the granite island in my kitchen.....I spend a lot of time doing food prep from scratch and clean up..... I'm only 5 ft 2 in and my belly button is against the counter tops all the time....I am going to try wearing an apron ....I should wear my tops backwards and see what happens....the holes are always in the same location:  on the front of the shirt,  below the waist, in the middle.  weird   Huh?

That could be it, it wears against the counter. My friends are in the same location!!!!

we've encountered this problem here in the states...it was due to our washer...the holes in the drum on the outside are very sharp...thinner cotton (and today's cotton is much thinner) can get pushed through the holes and literally be cut...if the holes look about the size of the holes in the drum of your washer...then I think that's very likely!  Probably the dominican washers have this problem less...but then the drawback is...they're dominican washers...LOL

This is what I have put it down to here in snowy Nova Scotia...