It would be nice to meet people!

Hi everyone!

My husband and I just moved to Portugal last week from Canada! (my hubby is originally from here). We are currently living in Almada, across from Lisbon bridge, and will see where we will settle.  We are working on some projects and will most likely be traveling between Lisbon, Algarve, and possibly north of Portugal.  We will be offering Yoga and Ayurveda workshops, programs and plan some retreats. 

It would be nice to meet people! I'll be looking for any activities that are being organized, and maybe once I'm more familiar here, organize one! Where is everyone living?
Hera

Hi Hera,

Fellow Canadian here, living in Porto for 2+ years. Give me shout when you're up this way. I write about Porto and Portugal on my website, .gailatlarge.com.

Gail

Well I live in Sao Bento, near to the Parliament Building in Lisbon.  I'm in rented accommodation right now but I'm considering shifting to Almada across the river in the next couple of months. It's far cheaper to rent apartments over there. Enjoy Portugal !    Dai

Hi Hera,

If you and your hubby are ever in Cascais let me know :-)

Hi everyone,
Two new Canucks here and looking for some advice on getting into the Portugal life. We are renting in Cascais at the moment and could really use some tips.
We are here long term and not just passing through. We may not stay in Cascais but will say in portugal.

We would love to sit down and have a drink with you. It would be great to hear what your experience has been like. Do you mean Ray's Bar on Av. Sabboia? Or is there a Rick's Bar as well? We have heard that place is great, but as we are both non-smokers, have avoided it. We have been into the Belmonte a few times and there are quite a few places we like in Cascais.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external websites/groups.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It looks like Tuesday might work for us, does it for you? How was the ballet?