Dealings with the SSA dept of the in Manila for Dependents

I am an American and proud to be such,a veteran of over 7 years military service honorably discharged many years ago. I am also a new father of a wonderful child in the Philippines,born in 2015. I have completed every test of the Embassy to prove the relationship of my mate and my child. These include DNA at my cost in order to establish the birth rights of my child. As a man and father,I deem it a requirement to accept and protect that birthright of my child.  We went to apply for his SSA card/benifits as outlined by the SSA documentation. She was asked by the LLS there, if the child was provided with the CRBA by DNA. As if the passport issued by the Embassy was false or created by us.

I find this insulting "Why" because to ask that after requiring a passport to be issued for identification,NSO record presented more than once plus the multiple levels of  required testing  for the CRBA to be issued in the 1st place. This would imply to me that the SSA (LLS) staff does not trust their own process to validate birth in the Philippines. A process that is tested not once but 3 times before the application for a SSA card is permitted.  Perhaps no-one but me sees this as an afront to the sensible respect of an"Expat to be" rights. But to facilitate and not vacillate the process of helping should be a Embassy duty and Mission in any location outside of the U.S.A.

Please do not get the wrong message from this question. I do not feel this is indicative of everyone in the Manila U.S. Embassy,because during this process. We had the pleasure of meeting a number of very dedicated,polite and intelligent US and Filipino staff members over the course of one year to get to this point.

You mention card/benefits. These are two separate things. Getting a card/number for the child should be just a matter of presenting the CRBA and passport. You can then declare the child as a dependent on US tax return. An application for benefits (based upon your benefits)  does require presenting documents and answering questions.