February Visit

Hi
We will be visiting for a week from Feb 9th and wondered if anyone in the Naxxar area would like to grab a coffee one afternoon and discuss their experiences?

Thanks  Dents

Hello Dents,

Can you tell us you are looking for experiences about what? Living in Malta? 

For how long will you be in Malta?

Thank You,
Best Regards,
Naomi

Naomi wrote:

For how long will you be in Malta?

Dents mentioned he will be staying a week ;)

Romaniac

Hey Dents, we'll be in Malta in February (11th - 25th), too - looking for an apartment to rent (we're coming for 3 months in the summer) and trying to get some other things sorted out, too. If anyone else is up for a coffee, we might like to join :)

BTW: No offence meant, but I think the moderators are a bit bored ;) ? See also Naomi's post in the topic "buying a car".

I'm based in Naxxar and might be up for it depending on date and time and if other people want to come :) I wouldn't actually feel very comfortable in a 1-on-1 meeting especially if I don't know the other person. No offence ;)

@ blackangelheart: I think the same, I might come there if more people are meeting up, but a 1-on-1 meeting would be kind of awkward.

I would be happy to meet up if the time and place was agreeable.

blackangelheart wrote:

I'm based in Naxxar and might be up for it depending on date and time and if other people want to come :) I wouldn't actually feel very comfortable in a 1-on-1 meeting especially if I don't know the other person. No offence ;)

I wouldn't worry, I have met several people on here 121 and made some friends too

I don't live in Naxxar but have several friends there so can easily make a coffee

Suggestion: Mon 15th afternoon, coffee ???

:/ Well little old me is over for a week late on the 18th feb I'm happy to meet up, but as this is my first visit to Malta can't offer any advice but am happy to hear what everyone else has to say. So far my ideal situ is to move to say Gozo adopt a dog (I love dogs) they're a mans best friend, and chill out then start to write etc. life is good one day at a time  :thanks:

Hi, Sorry I didn't follow up on a meet-up. The week went so quickly and all of our plans were disrupted by constant schedule changes to the working element of the visit (the Maltese way??).
We stayed in Naxxar and tried the restaurants and cafe's which were nice and I didn't thin overly priced.
People were very friendly and helpful. On one late night drive back to Naxxar I got completely lost as I followed the road signs but they direct you to everywhere from everywhere so found myself going in circles. I stopped at a shop in a small village and the guy shut up the shop and drove me back to where I could pick up the road to Mosta and then Naxxar - not sure that would ever happen here.
The conference went very well and so I will be asked back to work there again which is a massive positive but my thoughts of moving full time are now less likely.
All the negatives described in previous posts: traffic congestion (even on a Sunday morning!), traffic NOISE, breathing in petrol fumes, dirt, litter, a sense of 'claustrophobia' being so closed into to everywhere..
We did look at a property that we might have considered in a lovely alley and it was so spacious and sweet so if we do change our minds back that's what we'd go for.
I will stay on the forum and follow with interest others stories.
Take care everyone 

Dents