Who is alone (or feel alone) like me in TET time in Saigon?

scottyla wrote:

Hi, Feb 10 sounds good to me, I will attend let me know where?  Scott
What about the AE&M opposite Ben than Market?

If they are not closing at Tet time very possible to meet there.
Do you know it is open or not on 10th of Feb?

I asked if it was open for tet when there in November 2015, and they stated that they were open. Could have changed though.

scottyla wrote:

I asked if it was open for tet when there in November 2015, and they stated that they were open. Could have changed though.

Let's try..
Can you give me full address, and I will post the time and address as an Event.

Sorry just arrived back in HCMCity, AE&M is in Phan Boi Chau St. Opposite the market. Scott

scottyla wrote:

Sorry just arrived back in HCMCity, AE&M is in Phan Boi Chau St. Opposite the market. Scott

thanks Scott..let me ask you one more point;
As I googled this name & address I see an hotel only... in which place we can meet there? is there any cafe/pub of hotel or etc.?

I  would recommend a place : Coco 5 in Nguen hue street . Its Thai's foods and beverages , the price from 30k - 100k . Staffs  are nice .

Yes, can get drink and food, but , depends on how many are going? It is not a large hotel.

Phuong Lien Do wrote:

I  would recommend a place : Coco 5 in Nguen hue street . Its Thai's foods and beverages , the price from 30k - 100k . Staffs  are nice .

Thank you for recommendation, but do you know it is open on 10th of Feb?

Anyway I am creating event according to place that Scott recommended..
We can meet at that point, if the place cannot suit us (because of people quantity, or any other thing else), I think we can find nearby places easily, because it is a central point.

Please check Event Page

Yes , Im sure . Im often there :-)

The A& Em Cafe : 60 Le Thanh Ton , in the corner  of Le Thanh Ton and Le Anh Xuan .

Phuong Lien Do wrote:

The A& Em Cafe : 60 Le Thanh Ton , in the corner  of Le Thanh Ton and Le Anh Xuan .

Thank you for correction, but this address is not near to Ben Thanh market..right?
Scott was saying near to market??

I guess more than one places with same name...

Oliver Onyekachi wrote:

Interesting...I really do need good friends but i live in District 12 and only go to hangout in District 1...Any nice friend male or female will be highly appreciated. Olive

Please check Event Page

Alexi nguyen wrote:

So when will you guys meet

Please check Event Page

Quyen Phan wrote:

Hi, I might be in the same situation during Tet so let's meet up sometime.

Please check Event Page

Asian jimmy wrote:

I dont have one favorite but i like banh cuon alot  but its isn't easy to find in the south.

In the South they call 'bánh ướt'.  They sell bánh ướt a lot in Saigon, mostly for breakfast. But some Coop mart supermarket sells all day I guess.  I don't know about Nha Trang but try to ask people with another name.

What a pity! I'm in the North so can't join you guys. Have fun & Happy new year.

Hi everybody...hope to meet today at 6pm as we planned...To find each other in meeting point you may **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please share personal contact infos only in private.

Yea there seems to be many names for one dish depending on what area you're in. I found one place in nha trang that sells it in the evening.  It is banh uot but its used to wrap a filling of minced meat, mushrooms, and onions.

Sorry for being off subject, l was replying to "ngattt" .

Hi friends... :)
Are we repeating next week as we talked in last meeting?

I am in.... ;)

I m in

I'm in

When and where ?

Phuong Lien Do wrote:

Let's try this time the place above which Phuong Lien Do advised us before..

We can meet in the middle of week..For example Wednesday (17 Feb), 7 pm...OR,
We can choose end of week as Friday (19 Feb), 7 pm.

Please comment about timing...Which one is better?

Alexi nguyen wrote:

I m in

Hi Alexi.. This time can we really see you in our meeting ? ;)

Hi randsteh,  sure i will join this time.  Friday suits me fine. See u all there

For me too Friday is better..any other comments?
If not, Event will should be on Friday 7.00pm...everybody agree?

Yes, sounds great!

I will join you guys ! See you all !

Phuong Lien Do wrote:

I will join you guys ! See you all !

We still keep hope, for the second time ;)

Event posted HERE

mrnasirs wrote:

I am in.... ;)

Waiting you in EVENT PAGE :)

tnx :)

Jimmy, if you come to Hanoi you can taste the best banh cuon :)

Hey everyone,

I posted an event on here for March 5th to go and check out one of the new hidden bars/cafes. Come along if you are free. It looks kool! Here's the link. https://www.expat.com/en/events/asia/vi … d-bar.html

randsteh wrote:

For me too Friday is better..any other comments?
If not, Event will should be on Friday 7.00pm...everybody agree?

Hi randsteh, I couldn't join previous times, do you plan to make new event again?

TalhaSami wrote:

Hi randsteh, I couldn't join previous times, do you plan to make new event again?

Hi :) Actually I was not planning to organize again.
Because somebody in this site is already organizing a monthly expat meeting under "Expat.com monthly gathering" name.
I assumed that it is a bigger and more organized event,
and they have possibility to send invitation to hundreds of members (which I don't have), so I didn't plan.
I thought there is already  a good organization for expats to meet together..

But last time was on last Saturday (27 Feb),
It is announced that as below;
Round 1 : 6pm-8pm Address was Highlands Cafe
Round 2 : 8pm-10pm (dinner) Address was told as "Will be declared SOON" in the post
Round 3 : After 10pm It is told as "will be decided after dinner".

But the problem was, although it was posted as "Round 2 address will be declared SOON", it was never declared.
On Friday I posted a comment and reminded about to update the Round 2 address, but nobody replied to my comment too. (Because in that Saturday I was busy until 8pm, so I planned to join Round 2.)

But because it was never written an address for Round 2, I hurried up to go that Highlands Cafe, and I arrived around 7:45pm to catch people.
But nobody was there..when asked to cafe staff, they said somebody was here for that meeting but they already left.
After that I gave up, and made another plan for Saturday night.

After this experience I changed my mind now..
If more people -as you- would like to have a new meeting, we can organize a 3rd meeting with better organization.
Depends on people requests..

I attend the last event organized by Richard.. it was nice***

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no external links please