Please Remove My Confusions

Dear Sir,
i have married last week and got marriage certificate from cartorio .Now i wants to apply permanency in policia federal,but i have some confusions,

1st Confusion)))sworn translator translated one letter of my mother name wrong in my birth certificate so the marriage certificate which cartorio gave me has also one wrong letter of my
mother name.Can i submit this marriage certificate in policia federal or i need to correct it before going to start process in policia federal???

2nd Confusion))) i dont have clear idea when policia federal will put permanency stamp on  my passport?They will do it same day when i will submit my documents in policia federal or they will
stamp it that day when i will go back to policia federal to receive my cedula de identidade???

3rd Confusion)))i have police clearance certificate which is legalized by Brazil embassy with 90 days validity and translated in portugese language,but validity of my passport had expired.can policia federal put stamp of ,permanente, on my passport or its compulsory to be valid passport for that stamp???

If there is an error in the official translation, that certainly may cause a problem. You should go back to the translator and demand that it be corrected. You paid for the service, and it was not performed properly. The correction must be done without charge, according to the Consumer Protection Act.

If the documents are all present and in order then permanency is granted on the same day you submit the paperwork and that is when the Federal Police will stamp your passport.

The Federal Police WILL NOT accept your application if your current passport is expired. You must apply for a new passport through the Consulate-General of Pakistan in São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro whichever is closer. Once you have the new passport then you can apply for permanency.

Don't delay, because you're required to carry ID (in your case the passport) with you at all times. Should anything happen and the police ask you to identify yourself, they're going to have to take you to the Federal Police. Since you are legally married you are legally in the country, regardless of the expired passport, but it will be a lot of headaches for you. Get it renewed as soon as possible to save yourself all kinds of problems.

Pakistan Embassy and Consulates:  http://consulados.com.br/paquistao/

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Dear James,

Thanks for replying,i have contacted to pakistan embassy in brasilia 1 week ago,they said they are unable to issue me new passport.Because according to International Civil Avitaion Law ,Pakistani nationals cannot travel on manual passport after 24th of November 2015.Another thing pakistan embassy is unable to issue Computrized/digital passports because they dont have tools to do it.

Please give me alternative to solve my problem.One thing more official staff of my embassy is very rude,when a person calls them for help,they always misbehave.so i cannot expect from pakistan embassy something positively.

You really will need to resolve this passport problem with the Pakistan Embassy, since the permanency process here in Brazil requires a valid passport. You must provide a certified copy of all pages of your passport with the permanency application. Find out if they can give you any suggestions as to how you can renew your passport.

Since you are legally married, you are still legal in the country regardless of your passport or visa situation (Constituição Federal 1988, Art. 26), but your passport being expired you can't even leave the country or travel on domestic flights or buses without producing a valid passport, so you couldn't return to Pakistan and obtain a new passport there, for example.

Given the circumstances I really don't know how you're going to resolve your problem, it is very complicated.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Dear James,

i will try my best to solve this problem

Hi guys

Just FYI the embassy of Pakistan can and will issue a manual passport that is valid for 1 year and as of now that passport is valid to travel to Pakistan and also to be used within Brazil.

Lastly you can also request the embassy to issue an official letter stating that as of now they do not have the biometrics facility to issue the Machine Readable Passpports hence they have issued a manual passport instead

Regards

stanza51 wrote:

Hi guys

Just FYI the embassy of Pakistan can and will issue a manual passport that is valid for 1 year and as of now that passport is valid to travel to Pakistan and also to be used within Brazil.

Lastly you can also request the embassy to issue an official letter stating that as of now they do not have the biometrics facility to issue the Machine Readable Passpports hence they have issued a manual passport instead

Regards

Thankyou very much for providing us with this important information. I'm sure that it will not only be of great help to this member, but many others as well.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

I go for a quick morning jog with no ID.....living dangerously :lol:

You are a regular cowboy stevefunk!! Walking on the edge!! Lol

Looks like 2016 is the year of living dangerously!

"the marriage certificate which cartorio gave me has also one wrong letter of my
mother name,"
Take the certificate back, they will correct the error.  I had to take mine back twice before they got it right.

Do not move forward before you get this first step right.