Before you sign for a home!

Before you sign to rent or buy in Puerto Rico, I have one tidbit of info for you, and this is the voice of experience.
Beware of a home on a blind curve! Why?  Because here, drivers honk on blind curves as a warning. Buses, trucks with air horns, and the cars, cars and cars....  24/7.  No kidding!

In my case the street has very little traffic, of the 3 times I was there at different times not one car came by. But you have a huge point there frogface and lets not forget the people blasting music from their cars at all times of day and night.

Speaking of blasting speakers ..... Funeral homes go around several towns and street where people know the deceased from and blast you about the death and time of the funeral. Also politicians and political parties do the same, big speakers on top of a car or truck making the anouncement. Last but not least, churches!!!!! Specially any form of protestant faith, they want the whole neighborhood to hear them preaching and singing. The closer you are to a church the worse you are.

It is a wonder that people in PR get any sleep.

Certainly agree frogface!!  When we were living in Old San Juan, we lived directly across from the Capitol.  There were protests nearly every day, rallies, speaker trucks and all sorts of commotion.  Then when that calmed down at night, the concert venue at Bahia Urbana starting heating up!  I'd say between 4AM and 8AM things were reasonably quiet.

We live in Rincon in the mountains and definitely have some loud cars and vehicles blaring announcements as well as obituaries . Many times caravans with music horns etc.  It's the pr way of life .This is be an especially loud year due to it being a political year.   You can always try to find a dead end road .You won't have as much traffic going thru . However its a partb of the culture here