Returning Citizen Program

Hello Everyone :)

Please can somebody clarify this

I understand If I am a returning citizen (been out of the country more then 10 yrs) that I may bring back a vehicle

however

If I choose to buy a NEW vehicle in Mauritius from the dealers. e.g Suzuki and the normal dealer price is Rs685 000 , how do I calculate what I would be legible to pay? i.e do I get a 15% discount of the sales price or 40% .. please could somebody clarify.

Thank you

Check the MRA website.

Here's the link http://www.mra.mu/index.php/importexpor … -vehicles.

It's explained there.

Basically you get a concession on Excise duty where you pay 15% instead of the normal rate. Note, VAT is payable (at 15% of total sum)

The dealership can give you an idea of how much you will save. Note, that you have 180 days to take up this offer of concession from a dealership. You can also contact the MRA directly. I have found them to be very helpful.

cheers
gj

Hello Gawesh

Thank you for the reply and link.

Much appreciated :) Will contact somebody like Axess

Cheers

It is better you buy a fairly new and second hand vehicle from the UK to bring to Mauritius and you will save a lot of money. Please do private message me.
Vedan

@Vedan

The forum is all about the sharing of information and advice. Perhaps you could post any information here on the open forum so that other members can benefit from it.

This reduction in duty to 15% is also available on second hand cars bought from car dealers in Mauritius.

Thanks

Appreciated.

Louis from South Africa :top: