New: Gatherings and events in Paraguay

Hi,

Would you like to have a coffee, organize a dinner or find people for activities in Paraguay?

To help you meet people and find outings in Paraguay, we launched a Gatherings and Events section in Paraguay: you can now follow what's going on in your area and make the most of your time off.

You can also create events and organize a gathering with the Expat.com members.

How to create a gathering?

On the Events in Paraguay page, click on “Post an event”.
Fill in the form with the details related to the gathering: date, place, hour… and post your event.

It's now time to invite the other members! You can opt for a public event or a private one (Invitation or Invitation plus).

To send invites, click on “Invite friends” on your event page and select who you wish to invite.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/contact-invite/en.jpg

Get informed of who is coming through this page and get in touch with the other members or add pictures of the events in the comments.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/comment-photo/en.jpg

A photo album dedicated to the event will then be created.

What do you think of this new feature?

Thanks,

Julien

I think it is a brilliant idea. We expect to move to Capiata later this year and want to form a social circle. We intend to start a small taverna and offer things that maybe Spanish expats miss. Also we are very active photographers here in Spain and would like to find like minded people to form a club there.

The largest and most organized of expat groups here in PY have events on a monthly basis in Asuncion.  All arranged and organized thru the Face Book site "Expats in Paraguay".   There are  sub-groups which have organized from this group, such as a barter/trade/for sale group, a group with kids who arrange play dates and get togethers, etc…   I'm not sure how well organized the sub groups are as I haven't been involved with any of them but the main group's get togethers are pretty well attended and a great way to socialize.

I axm really pleased to know this information. Thank you so much

I love the idea of meetings, social get-togethers etc. I am expecting to be in Paraguay within 6 months or so and hope to be actively involved then. Good luck. Pedro

The owner of the group  has blocked a friend of mine from the facebook group "Expats in Paraguay"

Is there another similar facebook group"

Thanks