New: Gatherings and events in Pakistan

Hi,

Would you like to have a coffee, organize a dinner or find people for activities in Pakistan?

To help you meet people and find outings in Pakistan, we launched a Gatherings and Events section in Pakistan: you can now follow what's going on in your area and make the most of your time off.

You can also create events and organize a gathering with the Expat.com members.

How to create a gathering?

On the Events in Pakistan page, click on “Post an event”.
Fill in the form with the details related to the gathering: date, place, hour… and post your event.

It's now time to invite the other members! You can opt for a public event or a private one (Invitation or Invitation plus).

To send invites, click on “Invite friends” on your event page and select who you wish to invite.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/contact-invite/en.jpg

Get informed of who is coming through this page and get in touch with the other members or add pictures of the events in the comments.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/comment-photo/en.jpg

A photo album dedicated to the event will then be created.

What do you think of this new feature?

Thanks,

Julien

Hi Julien ,
Right now i am in Islamabad and was thinking to arrange some working colleagues gathering. Your post motivated me to volunteer myself for EXPAT.COM members to meet up too, for coffee and chatting and meet some good , like minded people. Islamabad is perfect for HIKING ,or tour towards mountains also--lets see if we can gather a group 

I would suggest a coffee shop name " Second Cup" in an Islamabad Mall call " Centaurus" , the coffee is perfect with varieties and environment is nice-- or even meet somewhere else if members suggest.

Please guide --

Regards
S.Haider

Good idea ... Centaurus is central place and different coffees ..
I plane to come back in Islamabad in april ... Maybe we CAN meet this time...

Hello S.Haider,

The section and its functions are there. You are free to create/organize their events and invite others. We invite you to use this section.

The place where it will be organized is yours.

Thank You,
Best Regards,
Naomi.

Thank you. it's great idea and new venture.

Regards

Muhammad Ali

HI every one !!
Thanks for showing initial interest on proposed get together / meeting in Islamabad for Expats---Following are some proposal and activities suggested, if interested Expats want to make changes, please suggest now , but once we conclude the program , we will stick with it. 

Proposals for EXPAT.COM members / like minded people get to-gather

Event Date :                         5th of February, 2016- Friday

Event Venue:                       Second Cup Coffee House in Centaurus  Mall - Islamabad

Event Time :                        8:00 pm

Event Activity :                   Self Introduction / Families are also welcomed but without

toddlers / light refreshments & coffee, music , possibility of 

movie, exchange of ideas for weekend activities possibly out

door /  sharing of expat experience, interesting

photographs or some art work, poetry, etc,    exchange of 

business cards if some people like but no promotion or

advertisement,

(Please suggest further)

Event Dress :                   Casual / smart casual

We will strictly follow pre-explained code of conduct, EXPAT.com members must register first

Suggestions are still welcome

Regards

S.Haider

I think there should not be any change in this proposal.

Thanks Ms. Channa for your interest,  I think also  the proposed program is fine for first meeting of the members but we still have time- lets see if someone have better idea, so I am still open and will wait for members to let me know there attendance and ideas, so i can arrange accordingly.

The event is an effort to invite a group of expats living in Islamabad or surroundings and also local like minded people for weekend activities / HIKING / tours or just even a movie club, The event will also try to explore if some Expat members want to share some art work / painting / poetry to display or want to show interesting journey photos on bigger screen .

A gathering to share some Expat experience too

You may go to event section on this site and see details or  can also  inbox me for details,

looking forward for variety of members to participate

Regards
S.Haider

Thanks Marina for your interest, however April is far, therefore we may have to go this time without you, and if interesting gathering this time , we can gather again in April--

Gud luck whatever you are doing

Regards
S.Haider

Hi guys--- i am ready to register for proposed gathering in Islamabad , start register your self by sending me Inbox or replying here so i can arrange accordingly--- show is about to begin   :up: --No changes suggested yet---i will follow the original program proposed  as following,,,

The event is an effort to invite a group of expats living in Islamabad or surroundings and also local like minded people for weekend activities / HIKING / tours or just even a movie club, The event will also try to explore if some Expat members want to share some art work / painting / poetry to display or want to show interesting journey photos on bigger screen . A gathering to share some Expat experience too.

You may go to event section on this site and see details or  can also  inbox me for details,

Event Date :                         5th of February, 2016- Friday
Event Venue:                       Second Cup Coffee House in Centaurus  Mall - Islamabad
Event Time :                        8:00 pm
Event Activity :                   Self Introduction / Families are also welcomed but without
                                             toddlers / light refreshments & coffee, music , possibility of
                                            movie, exchange of ideas for weekend activities possibly out
                                            door /  sharing of expat experience, interesting
                                            photographs or some art work, poetry, etc,    exchange of
                                            business cards if some people like but no promotion or
                                            advertisement,
                                           (Please suggest further)
Event Dress :                   Casual / smart casual

We will strictly follow pre-explained code of conduct, EXPAT.com members must register first

Suggestions are still welcome

looking forward for variety of members to participate
Regards
S.Haider

Helloo  to all members at Pakistan forum /  Islmabad   :)

Just to inform you all , who are interested in coming in the event on 5th of February      ( details given on above ), i am getting messages , asking about procedure / Fees  etc for registration.

Please be informed, there is no registration procedure or Fees . No procedure but confirm with your real name first, just confirm me , how many of you are coming, so i can arrange accordingly because there is limited sitting arrangement.

We will have informal kind of friends gathering, and i will ask members also if they like to share   travel photos of certain places, for example, i like to share my photos of my Malaysian experience, journey photos on screen possibly using big TV screen of Coffee shop -- a simple kind of gathering, with coffee and refreshments. If some one like to share some other things like painting / or poetry , are welcome too

so just let me know, your real name , number of people coming, bring any thing you want to share, or even business card,,leave message on my inbox --- just be easy, enjoy sitting, coffee and see people work / art from eyes of camera-- :) or let us get surprised may be we get some musician , who knows ?

Take care / See u all soon
S.Haider

Hello
I would be happy to come and join your meeting on february ....but i Only come to Islamabad in april...
Maybe You Will organise another when i Will be there...
I think Its a gréât idea and i wish you good luck
Sincerly

Marina

Hello everyone,

@S.Haider:
I invite you to please post your event in Event in Pakistan.

It will help in managing the event and controlling the number of participants.

Thank You,
Best Regards,
Naomi.

:top:  sure we can gather even  every month--lets see how this meeting get response

Regards
S.Haider

Hi All Members at Pakistan Forum / Islamabad

Please check Event Section at Pakistan Forum

i am getting messages , asking about procedure / Fees  etc for registration regarding our event on 5th Feb, 2016- coming Friday.

Please be informed, there is no registration procedure or Fees . No procedure but confirm with your real name in my Inbox , let me know , who are you and how many of you are coming, so i can arrange accordingly because there is limited sitting arrangement. Bring any thing you want to share, or even business card,,leave message at event section --- just be easy, enjoy gathering of like minded people, coffee and see people work / art from eyes of camera-- :) or let us get surprised may be we get some musician , who knows ?

Take care / See u all soon
S.Haider

Hello to All participants for upcoming Islamabad Event,

Please Check event section

The event was confirmed since we announce it, no need to ask my dear fellows :)

only matter was the number of sitting arrangement was restricted,

Just Register on my Inbox, or even reply me here, Put your real name , so i may know who actually coming just to avoid wanderer.

As Said some where before, The purpose beside meeting Expat members, are to have gathering to shows / Exhibit  Expat Journey photos on bigger screen with little detail introduction of places, make a group for out door activity , Hiking group , tour group for within or around Islamabad, or may be to just make a movie club for those who are interested.

As many were asking about, let me repeat,  The event have no fees, but Coffee / refreshment consumed are self paid. You still can reply in my Inbox with your real name.
Excited to see you all  :cool:

Regards

Any updates on any new meetups coming up.