New: Gatherings and events in Egypt

Hi,

Would you like to have a coffee, organize a dinner or find people for activities in Egypt?

To help you meet people and find outings in Egypt, we launched a Gatherings and Events section in Egypt: you can now follow what's going on in your area and make the most of your time off.

You can also create events and organize a gathering with the Expat.com members.

How to create a gathering?

On the Events in Egypt page, click on “Post an event”.
Fill in the form with the details related to the gathering: date, place, hour… and post your event.

It's now time to invite the other members! You can opt for a public event or a private one (Invitation or Invitation plus).

To send invites, click on “Invite friends” on your event page and select who you wish to invite.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/contact-invite/en.jpg

Get informed of who is coming through this page and get in touch with the other members or add pictures of the events in the comments.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/comment-photo/en.jpg

A photo album dedicated to the event will then be created.

What do you think of this new feature?

Thanks,

Julien

I think this is a really good idea, it will help people who come out alone to meet others over in their area.
Well done just what is needed.

i like to meet new friends to go out who are living in new cairo area or in nearby

I'm a guitar teacher in new cairo, would like to meet musicians to jam and rehearse, I play blues, funk rock and classic rock
I also would like to meet new students seeking lessons

I am not a musician, but have a good appreciation for music.  Are you interested in having an audience?  If so, maybe post an "event" as is suggested above.

Totally agree and all of people can join gathering to get out from this virtual fake life behind screens

Definitely would love to have audience but I am not playing in any bands for 2 months now unfortunately...
but I will post an event and invite musicians to jam together. Thanks for the idea

Am a club,event and radio DJ, i played hip-hop and r&b (Old & new) , House, African music and little reggae, dance-hall and i can mix any beats... i will like to join any event group...

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services as well as giving contact infos on forum not allowed
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic here. Please feel free to share your contact infos in private with the member.

Dear Julien,Where is exactly this meeting on the beach?

Any details of the event? Where exactly? What time? Children friendly)))?

The first post of Julien, with a photo of the beach,  is just an illustration ( example ) of an event cover. There is actually no meeting on the beach !

Thanks

Priscilla

No specific events yet, I suggested a music gathering and an open jam for musicians, if it was held in a garden or wide open space I am sure it would fit children and family...

Dear Priscila,

Thank you very much, but this is a good idea, why not make it on the beach,

We are going to organize a fishing cruise trip in red sea on 24 march only  2 places in the trip are available, the cruise will take 3 days in a boat in the middle of the sea.
the coast will be 1000 Egyptian pounds.be well.

Orphans Day is a national celebration in Egypt that falls on the first Friday of April and has been an annual event ever since it was first inaugurated 11 years ago. Orphanages nationwide open their doors to the festivities for both their orphans and sponsors. It's also a prime opportunity for orphanages to attract new sponsors, from large organizations and businesses to individuals. Aside from the PR, it's a day when orphans don't feel so excluded from society. the first Friday will the first of April for this year and we invite you all to celebrate that day and support the orphans.

Friendly_Man wrote:

i like to meet new friends to go out who are living in new cairo area or in nearby

Will move to new Cairo soon, hope there's some interesting places to go.

Hi there,

I wanted to express my interest in making such gathering events in Cairo, there are multiple nice places in Zamalek, so as interesting events, musical, artistic and fun ones.
So I want to know if there is someone who is actually responsible for making such events ? or anyone can create an event ? I know a few good events out there, many of them introducing culture of Egypt, which it is multi layered, we feel proud with our culture which has many levels and it will be very good for anyone to get introduced to such.
So if there is someone who is a lead in creating events please point me to him.

Have a nice day lads,
Peace.
Mostafa Salaheldine.

it's very Good idea . I think we can make  a weakly meeting in Cairo . and every week we go to a diffrent Place .

Are you interessted in Classical Arabic music ?

Hi everybody,

Please remember that the events section is at your entire disposal.
If you wish to organise gatherings, please feel free to post an ad in the events section, it is free and you can also invite your friends to your meet-up easily.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Please e-mail me a link of your work? Ir are you talking in general? I can work in arabic sobgs projects in case the music is folk, blues, latin, reggea, funk, rock
Here is my soundcloud. Http://www.soundcloud.com/skyrider77

too many places to go out ,, contact me to arrange a meeting

i am all in

details please.

Anybody into playing the guitar so we can enjoy playing together and have some great fun ??
and If not into music so are you wild and adventurous enough to join me for a diving trip in wonderful Sharm ??
Ciao Ciao & Have Fun

Good idea !

wow i like this idea

good job really helpful !

hey , i would really love to join u guys !! i am an architect and an english teacher as well :]

rideronthestorm wrote:

I'm a guitar teacher in new cairo, would like to meet musicians to jam and rehearse, I play blues, funk rock and classic rock
I also would like to meet new students seeking lessons

hey please i would like to learn guitar from the scratch , would u be interested in helping me ?

I'm in. Contact me to arrange a rehearsal.

Abdelrahman Hisham Sure. Please email me in order to arrange. xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Meteor Shower wrote:

Anybody into playing the guitar so we can enjoy playing together and have some great fun ??
and If not into music so are you wild and adventurous enough to join me for a diving trip in wonderful Sharm ??
Ciao Ciao & Have Fun

Please email me in order to arrange a rehearsal. xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct