Hello \ ( ^ _ ^ ) /

Hi,

My name is Alex Simpson, come from London UK. I've just arrived in Ho Chi Minh a few weeks ago and intending on finding a job for a year or two to see the living life here. It's my 7th time back to Vietnam, each of my previous visits were for holidays.

If anyone knows of any jobs going at the moment, please let me know, at the moment just applying to everything I can find on vietnamworks, careers.vn and sites like this. I have qualifications in English teaching and Multimedia Computing. I'm also a native bilingual, speak English and French natively.

Hoping on making some friends around the city. If anyone fancies going out a bit give me a call or txt: 0933987712  yahoo id: alexandersimpson

Looking forward to hearing from you \ ( ^ _ ^ ) /

Take care,

Alex

Welcome to the forum alexandersimpson :)

For job prospect in Vietnam you can also post an advert on Ho Chi Minh City Classifieds Page.

You can also try the Ho Chi Minh City Expat Network page for friendship and networking. I wish you all the best, and hope you will make lot contacts via this site.

Best Regards

Were twice your age,and have interest in Vietnam like yourself. Ive spent time,3 months in India. Want to go to south east asia and seem to have more people telling us to go to Vietnam. I note youve been there 7 times, that has to say a lot! Maybe you will take the time to coorespond. Carla works with Autistic kids and would like to find out if there is a shortage of professional care workers and more.    eldon/carla    [email protected]

Hey mate,

I'm not too familiar with many autistic jobs, but from what I've seen so far there is a huge demand for people to teach English to little kids ranging from 4 years old through to 11 and so on. Everytime I go to a job interview I get told, "Mr Simpson, we very much like your resume but we noticed that you have a lot of experience teaching adults and high school students, do you happen to have had taught little children before?" It's the same thing everywhere I've applied pretty much.

A few schools that might interest Carla:
- Aston International (District 10) - They need foreign teachers urgently for children. You will get a demo class within 1-2 days after the interview so they can see Carla's ability.

- Horizon International (District 2) - Also need teachers for children

- Smartkids (District 3 campus I believe)

- Cleverlearn (District 3) - Though demo experience, they get you to teach 10 staff members who act like 4 year old kids

Apart from that I'm not really sure what else I can think of. In terms of being in Vietnam, I think if you've been in India for 3 months, then Vietnam shouldn't be a problem getting use to, it's pretty much as hectic. A lot of the people here are very friendly and eager to help you out of you have problems like getting lost or things like this. Food, you have a range of places offering a wide variety of different styles/varities so If you don't happen to enjoy vietnamese food, then there are other things not far away. Depending on how long you intend on staying here I would also recommend learning how to ride a motorcycle if you havent already, many taxi drivers often take advantage when they see foreigners, take you around longer paths to get more money etc. If you don't intend on staying a long time there are many places that rent the motorbikes out for not much at all.

I'm not sure if thats much help, If there is anything else that I can tell you about please let me know.

All the best,

Alex