All ads on hiring maids are now banned in Saudi Arabia.

Dear members,

Kindly note that all ads on hiring maids are now banned in Saudi Arabia.

Here is an article published in the Saudi Gazette: http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia … ds-banned/

"Anyone placing advertisements for hiring or offering sponsorship transfer of domestic workers will face legal action, according an announcement made by the Ministry of Labor on Sunday."

We will not accept any of those ads on expat.com. We will remove them without prior notice.

Thank you for your comprehension.
Christine
Expat.com

Hiring maids in ksa is not banned, but the government has opened  this privilege for saudi arabia...

you can bring housemaids from 17 countries all over the world.

Thx
Ahmad

LICENSED AGENCIES MEANS MEGA RECRUITMENT COMPANIES CAN BRING THEM AND PEOPLE CAN REACH THEM EASILY, THE SALARY SHOULD BE 15000 SAR.... ELIGIBILITY FOR HIRING ANY HOUSEMAID.

NOW NEW RULE IS COMING WHERE SECONDMENT SERVICES CAN TRANSFER SPONSORSHIP TO SAUDI HOUSES...

Hello Ahmad,

Perhaps you did not understand the posting. Private individuals are not permitted to post advertisments for domestic help in KSA, this was announced by the Ministry of Labor. Hiring should be done through acredited agencies.

For that reason expat.com will no longer accept postings seeking domestic help. They will be removed without notice, simple as that. We will comply fully with the Ministry of Labor ruling.0

Regards,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Clarification:

Hiring maids by individuals (nationals & expats) is not banned in KSA, while posting ads on transfer of sponsorship (nationals & expats) is banned. However sponsorship transfer can be done through approved manpower offices who are authorized to bring maids into the country and both expats and nationals can approach such offices and hire maids after paying the fees - either for transfer of sponsorship or new visa hire.

Good move to ban such ads in expat.com.

I really can't see where people are so confused over this issue. The article in the Saudi Gazette is quite clear.

" Anyone placing advertisements for hiring or offering sponsorship transfer of domestic workers will face legal action, according an announcement made by the Ministry of Labor on Sunday.

Such ads violate the regulations of the ministries of labor and interior. So individuals and violating agencies will face penalties. The Ministry of Labor will file a case with the judicial committee at the Ministry of Information which will specify punishment for the violating media outlets.

The Labor Ministry said that only licensed recruitment offices are authorized to publish such advertisements with their license codes."

I don't know how it can be much clearer than that! ANYONE means any individual or unauthorized agency. Hiring or transfer of sponsorship is still legal, but must be done through authorized agencies. What is illegal and banned is the posting of ads by individuals and unauthorized agencies. This is why expat.com will no longer accept such postings.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Perhaps we should publish another quote from the link.

Such ads violate the regulations of the ministries of labor and interior. So individuals and violating agencies will face penalties. The Ministry of Labor will file a case with the judicial committee at the Ministry of Information which will specify punishment for the violating media outlets.

The instructions are clear, so any such illegal adverts will be removed immediately any team member sees them.

Some people read the posts but being a little short on grey matter do not understand what is being said.:dumbom:

So advertising is illegal, not hiring maids.

Agree, logic....

yes correct

I live in Jubail working as doctor. Can someone introduce an agency here to hire a housemaid?
Is it permitted if I live alone?

If you're a single male looking to bring a maid, you have a better chance of bringing over a penguin than a maid. : ) 

If you live in a building that has reception, maybe ask them if they know anyone male who cleans. Some of the reception guys in our used to clean the apartments on the side for a good price. Getting a female to clean would be risky for both of you.

Thanks for the info

to JAMES : Excellent Explanation

why there is no saudilization in this field.

thundderkidd wrote:

to JAMES : Excellent Explanation

As was normal for our dear departed friend.

Many new service companies are now offering maids on an hourly basis (approx SR 35/- per hour) where the maid will not live in but only serve according to the agreed timing/hours. We had one company distribute a flyer offering their services in Jeddah this last week. Seems a better option than live in maids.

musicman wrote:

Many new service companies are now offering maids on an hourly basis (approx SR 35/- per hour) where the maid will not live in but only serve according to the agreed timing/hours. We had one company distribute a flyer offering their services in Jeddah this last week. Seems a better option than live in maids.

You may need to check the legality of this service and provider as per the arab news article below.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/971436/saudi-arabia

These are officially approved service companies with vans with their names splashed across and delivering the service legally. The girls are all properly uniformed and accompanied by a lady supervisor. We had one company down our street in Riyadh too where they had almost 200 maids housed a few blocks away from our house.

They provide services to homes, schools, hospitals, and malls.

see the link: https://www.instagram.com/saed_company/

musicman wrote:

These are officially approved service companies with vans with their names splashed across and delivering the service legally. The girls are all properly uniformed and accompanied by a lady supervisor. We had one company down our street in Riyadh too where they had almost 200 maids housed a few blocks away from our house.

They provide services to homes, schools, hospitals, and malls.

see the link: https://www.instagram.com/saed_company/

The article spoke about such similar companies who are using social media and other means to sell their services.  I am still not sure if they are licensed to operate.

salamalaikum..

my employer wants to hire domestic worker already in riyadh. can you give me any idea where i can find one, he wants philippine nationality.

hope someone will reply..thank you

It's getting more limited everyday...

The link says: "Error establishing a database connection"

Dear Christine,

I need to hire a Filipino maid to work in Ukraine, what should I do?

Regards,
Mohammed

mrkenany2010 wrote:

Dear Christine,

I need to hire a Filipino maid to work in Ukraine, what should I do?

Regards,
Mohammed

Reading the thread title would seem like a good start

Well explained James. Now anyone knows any that typical LEGAL agency to hire maid locally in Riyadh?

regards

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Recommend business professionals only in our Business Directory (found under Handy Tools) please.

Thank you Expat.com for your compliance.

Best Regards,

They are clearly said that only the ads are banned.

Tariq321 wrote:

They are clearly said that only the ads are banned.

As far as the forum goes, makes no difference as adverts are banned, so can't be placed here.

Never once thought a simple instruction could be so difficult to understand... i suppose there's always someone (in this case many) who simple read an article yet come up with their own interpretation its fascinating the way people think

I Don't think so I've seen many maids that working in few buildings

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please read content, not only title.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Quite interesting

Anyone knows reputed agency in riyadh for hiring maids.
SAMASCO is one, but they don't have Filipinas.

Good evening! Does giving a weekly off?

Hi Roxy_Aisha,

You are off topic on this thread. Perhaps you could find another thread which suits your question  :cheers:

Bhavna

Closed