Where to buy Mosquito trap in Danang?

Already have one of those tennis racket like mosquito zappers but looking for something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0G … detailpage

Anyone know if there is a hardware/dept store that might sell something like this?

Hi goreme,

I have moved your topic on the Da Nang forum. ;)

Hi, on mobideals.vn

I was always amazed that these lights were not widely available in Vietnam.  I used one to great effect on the north shore of Oahu in Hawaii.  It is not effective against day biting species but I believe the Anopheles that transmits malaria bites at night.  Although malaria has been largely eradicated from Vietnam, it still is present.    Today most people have electricity even in rural areas.  The government should be giving these out wherever malaria still exists.

In fact Amazon sells 220V versions: just search "mosquito zapper 220V.   I doubt that they will ship to Vietnam, however.   I plan to bring one back next time I come..  The tennis racquets may be fun but what happens after you go to sleep?   :/

bongolongo wrote:

Hi, on mobideals.vn .

link doesnt work

THIGV wrote:

I was always amazed that these lights were not widely available in Vietnam.  I used one to great effect on the north shore of Oahu in Hawaii.  It is not effective against day biting species but I believe the Anopheles that transmits malaria bites at night.  Although malaria has been largely eradicated from Vietnam, it still is present.    Today most people have electricity even in rural areas.  The government should be giving these out wherever malaria still exists.

In fact Amazon sells 220V versions: just search "mosquito zapper 220V.   I doubt that they will ship to Vietnam, however.   I plan to bring one back next time I come..  The tennis racquets may be fun but what happens after you go to sleep?   :/

Yeah they worked great on Maui.  Will have to see if I can order one and have it shipped.

The tennis racquet zappers are good in pinch but you have to zap all the mosquitos before going to bed ;-)

I am curious how you make out.  I found that generally Amazon will not ship electronics to Vietnam, probably because of duties.  You might want to check this one out http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Photoc … apper+220v because it has an added benefit.  The description says that it has "Soft light- low-consumed light- making the conjugal room more brilliant."  Can't top that.

Just bumping this thread if you are able to find a mosquito trapper like the one mentioned above.

Im in Da Nang now. Loving it here. Also racking up some mosquito bites on my shoulders.

Kindly post the shop name and address if you did find one. Thanks.