Where to live as a mature Student in 30s

Hey all. I am moving to Manchester next year to study at the university of Manchester. I would like to live in an area that is lively but not full of hooligans. Cafes, pubs, interesting types with reasonable rent. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum AtomicKT :)

West Didsbury is ten minutes outside city centre Manchester and has loads of buses to Manchester City Centre so easy to commute. Loads of students and young professionals live in Didsbury, its extremely safe, fantastic cafe bar culture, real village atmosphere, its like Kloof street meets Camps Bay in Ct. One pub is called the the-metropolitan.co.uk, take a look.

We are looking to employ SA's in the UK, so if you know anyone looking for a job, then send an email [email protected].

If you need any help just send an email.

Hello...I am new to this forum..I currently live in Salford...was married and lived here for 6 years before splitting up and I moved back to the USA...after 18 months moved back to be closer to my 7 year old boy.  I have just taken over tenancy of a very large 5 bedroom house and am looking for flatmates...and meeting some yanks...contavt me if anyone is interested..thanks

Not a card holding yank but lived there major part of my life. Salford is further than I was planning to go but still interesting in flatting options. I don't come with furniture, does your place?

I may be tempted to search for a guest house that do monthly rates at first. That'll give you time to search for the right place. I know there are some apartments in the chinatown and gay village area that may fit the bill. Lively areas that sound like they'd fit the bill.

The house and all the rooms are fully furnished...makes life a lot easier as I also arrived with no furniture