New to Forum- Considering a move to PR

Good morning...my husband and I are thinking about moving our wedding rental business to PR. Just curious if any of you have noticed beach weddings taking place there in PR? I know it is a huge destination wedding island but just curious if there are certain locations more popular then others? Also, has anyone had to apply for a permit for being self-employed? Thanks in advance for any info...hopefully we will be down there in the next month or so.

I believe you need a permit for any type of business, if you are heading to the west of the island, a nice set of sunset wedding shots may be great. Yes some people celebrate their weddings at the beach, best wen done during the week instead of weekend as there are less people at the beach. Some restaurants by the beach may have a hall for rental, then walk to the beach, or even better have the couple arrive to the beach in horses preferably "Paso Fino" while you are taking pictures, maybe even the husband chasing the course with his bride riding away. all in the late afternoon light with the sun sinking in the horizon.

One warning ..... Expect 3 to 6 months for your permit, nothing moves fast in the island.
PS Google "Paso Fino".

I think I made a boo-boo here, you said rental, I was thinking the whole thing, planning, arrangements and photography, sorry.

If only rental, it will depend on your clientele, not too many local people with money in the island, so less income if mostly locals as your prices need meet the economy and people are more frugal.

Keep in mind that all beaches in PR are public... we were at a lovely resort in Rincon where there were 2 beach weddings a few weeks ago and there were screaming kids and people heavily drinking, playing beach tennis, etc on the beach right behind the bride and groom... i would NOT get married on the beach here.   That said, it sure was beautiful.

Thank you both for your reply. We are thinking of rentals plus being the planner too. Our daughter is a planner here in NC ( we have both been in business about eight years) so we are thinking of splitting the planning process which would give my husband and I two types of income. As for the public beaches for weddings, we have that too here in NC and Myrtle Beach. It's crazy and something I would never do because some people are so rude they don't care if they crash the wedding, get in the pic's Etc. The attitude is its a public beach so it is open to all. Kind of crazy...thanks again for the feed back!

Perhaps you've thought of this - contact wedding photographers to glean info about weddings in PR. I live in Rincon (northwest coast). I believe Rincon is a popular wedding destination. Google searches will yield wedding shooters. Keep us up to date with your progress, we are interested!

Want a private wedding on the beach I can tell there is a small resort 12 units each hold up to 4 people, has an 1/2 Olympic size swimming pool with swim up bar, 2 large kiosks to accommodate music, bbq with a large dance platform. I can find out the number for you'll. Vivalajuana at yahoo.com