Buying a new smartphone - Mobiistar anyone?

Has anyone heard of the smartphone brand Mobiistar. I have seen these in Vietnamese Mobile stores. If you have used one, heard of them or have any experience with this brand please tell me.

They're a Vietnamese company, but the phones are made in China.  I've had several of their smart phones over the years, as well as several Masstel, Wing and Lenovo models.  They're pretty much on par with each other, but it's a putt-putt course, as opposed to the PGA course that Samsung and Apple can be found on.

I have a Mobistar now, but it's not a smart phone.  I've dropped it, thrown it and cursed it more times than I can recall and it still works as good as the day I bought it, despite my best efforts. 

Overall, they're ok, but let's face it - they're not as good as most of the brand names; especially the cameras.

If you want a phone that works and that most thieves will pass over (lest they become the laughingstock of the thieving community), you've found the right brand!

Bought a mid-range Samsung (Galaxy II Duo SM-G7102) in November 2014. Had it for 6 months and it now has a 'no service' problem. Cannot make/receive calls or sms, no mobile internet. Only wi-fi works and the built-in apps/features like calendar.

BOught it from stall at MBK Centre in Bangkok, thinking it was a brand new Samsung, but later found out it was a grey import. Even before the problems started, it was performing really badly. It would take forever to open an app. Or do something basic like open a browser.

Battery life is atrocious. Suddenly the battery drains from around 30% to 0%. If I buy a Mobiistar and use it for a year, reckon it would be good value for money in comparison to my previous debacle. plus, I'd be buying local.

I reckon you're smart to go for a Phone only (not smartphone), I might do the same. smartphones are so overrated.

p.s. The camera on my Samsung still works, and the pictures are decent quality. But sometimes the picture comes out full screen, sometimes cropped. Also, ever so often it comes out fuzzy, even when I 'lock-in' the picture, before snapping.

I noticed this one the other day on a YouTube banner ad:

Honor Bee (Huawei)

It was being advertised at a 50% percent discount, but it had to be an online purchase.  Now I can't find the ad, so the sale must be over.

That thing is packed with high(er) end features, but it may also come packed with spyware:

Vietnamese Discover Spyware in Chinese Devices

I've chosen a "stupid" phone for several reasons; the main one being that I have a tendency to test their durability by hurling them against walls when they don't live up to my expectations.  The Mobiistar and Lenovo smart phones are a lot tougher than one might expect.

When I lived in Saigon I was going through at least 1 phone per month for a while.  I had found a place to buy the old Nokias for 150K VND; which were great phones for a great price!