From Munich to Edingburgh - Best School, to live etc?

Hi,

me (from Brazil) and Mr. (from Sweden) with 2 Kids are thinking about moving from Munich to Edinburgh. We´re flying to Scottland to visit the city in May but I´m already trying to find some informations but I´m not very sucessfull and I´d like to get some answers :-)

- Wich area is the best to live (with a family)?
- Is there a german school? If not, wich school is the best one?
- We love arts and museums. Are there many of them and offers for children?

Thank you very much!

Hi Pinuli.

There are lots of lovely areas to live in Edinburgh with a family. Its hard to advice you without more information as to what you are looking for.

There are no German schools, and there also lots of lovely schools. If you are going to for a state school, the school they go to depends almost entirely on where you live. For private schools, they are mostly all very good, some focus on some areas more than others, but again, a lot of it depends on where you live.

There are lots of museums and art galleries, and they are all free.

Hi Elsie'WolfsMother,

thank you a lot for your answers! We are looking for a really nice area where we can find a house with garden, calm, children, open people but where we also can find bus or train, schools near, grossery shops, etc. Calm, but also not hidden from the world!  :-)

Where we live the state schools are really very good and its not necessary at all to go to a private school. In Brazil you have to go to a private school. How does It work in Edinburgh? Is there a big difference between the state and private schools in Edinburh?

Thank you very much!