How long does a Work Visa take to process?

I am still in my home country after accepting employment in Bahrain November last year. I keep in contact with the HR authority but only to receive the reply that my Visa is still being processed. How long does it normally take and what could be causing the delay? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? It's rather frustrating as I have signed a contract to commence work 3 January , that was an urgent request. Now a sitting duck without work!! Rather stressed.

Sometimes it may take a month (like mine). On the other hand one of my friends visa process finalized within 2 days.

Thanx

Hey 
It's normally take 1 weak.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + do not post your personal contact details on the forum

I guess it depends on when they actually applied for it. Was it last November, or was there a period during which you were sending in paperwork etc. ?

If they have processed it they should be able to give you an idea of when it was sent and what the hold up is.

I've heard of some employers who have no allocation and so are waiting on another employee to leave or to employ a bahraini before they can apply for a new visa. This could be going on in the background and they haven't informed you.

HR are the best people to let you know, however, all going well even if the application is in, it can vary widely as per previous responses.

I'm just talking freely here - no direct experience of the process, just from what I've gathered during my research. I'll be hoping for my application to start in a couple of weeks.

Hi Debbie.. Mine was applied in the end of November and it still shows 'in progress' on the lmra.bh website. I had a start date of Jan 1 and I'm not in the country yet. I am hearing from my employer there is some kind of system issue or backlog. I guess we just need to wait patiently.

PS: You can check the progress yourself on the LMRA website, use your passport number.

Thank you so much. Your reply definitely puts me at ease.

You're welcome. Let us post back here when either of us gets the visa issued so that we know.
Thanks!

Same case with me.It been more than a month and the HR is saying that my work visa is under process.But I am surprised that when I am putting my passport no in the LMRA website,it's saying no record exist.Can anyone please help me in this.

Hello and welcome to Bahrain in advance! :)
I wouldn't worry about it depending where you are from things take much longer to process here than other places. If they are contacting you and saying they are getting it sorted they will be (even if it is slow)
What happened with me is they flew me over and I purchased an on arrival visit visa (which the company reimbursed me for) I then started while they processed it and I received my work visa just over a month after arriving. If your company didn't start the process until December it could well have taken till mid/late Jan for them to finalise it and receive it.

hi and welcome to our small island

i hope that things will proccess faster now and you hear that your visa is done soon.

best wishes

Hello Debbie,

Did you received your visa?

Hello Mujtaba19,
Did you receive any news about the visa?Because still I didn't heard anything from the HR it's almost a month now.

No not yet. Stressing as I need to start working.

Hello Debbie,

Exactly same with me.Its more than a month I am waiting for my visa..It's strange I have worked in the Middle East for the last 7 years.I have worked in Qatar and UAE.But the visa process never took so long.It was very easy.Don't know what's the problem with Bahrain.

I know, my school has just asked me if I would like a post in Quatar. My nerves are shot as I have just familiarized myself with Bahrain and made a few friends. Now have to start all over again with Quatar. I wonder why it's taking so long? I sort of feel like I'm being messed around a bit. I cannot go without earning an income as I have bills to pay and busy depleting travel funds.

Hello Debbie,

Yeah Qatar is good,but as a Country it's bit boring nothing much to do,and few rules are very strict.I reckon you can wait until January and then move on.There must be something wrong with the system,

I'd be cautious moving to Qatar.
Everything is perfect,  but life is expensive in Qatar.

And less friendly,  it's not like Bahrain where you'll find friendly people in every corner.

Well there's a system problem with the LMRA,  that's what most people said.

I'm sure that's the reason behind your visa processing delay.

I have mentioned it to the school but I have decided to take offer in Quatar. But now more paper work. I'm at my home affairs now seeing what I can do from side. What they don't realise is how much this inconvenience us financially. I do hope you get yours soon. I also hope that after all these issues we get to meet and have a coffee together in Bahrain. As a single woman, I prefer Bahrain.

DebbieT1 wrote:

I have mentioned it to the school but I have decided to take offer in Quatar. But now more paper work. I'm at my home affairs now seeing what I can do from side. What they don't realise is how much this inconvenience us financially. I do hope you get yours soon. I also hope that after all these issues we get to meet and have a coffee together in Bahrain. As a single woman, I prefer Bahrain.

As other members have advised,  and I too would advise to wait for your Bahraini visa.

as our friend Gunner siad, please wait for you bahraini Visa, and try to urge the company that is hiring you to urge things, Qatar is not a bad country, but, its very expencive there and also the life here in Bahrain fro expats is much more convenient and more relaxing.

but the dicision is totally up to you, think things over and then decide what you want.

best wishes to you debbie

Sounds as if you have already taken the Qatar post, so there is no point in telling you to hold fast a bit longer.  I know you need to get through and start working, but starting a new process won't speed things up I fear and Qatar is a different life style than Bahrain.  Your company should be pushing the LMRA more instead of sending you off somewhere else they couldn't fill.

Wish you the best on wherever you end up.  I am sure you will make plenty of friends in Qatar and enjoy yourself and get what you're after.

Mine got approved yesterday.

Yeppie. So glad for you. Enjoy the packing and till we meet in Bahrain. I fly out of SA on Monday and arrive in Bahrain on Tuesday. Busy spending time with my boys.

Great to know that your visa got approved too!
Have a safe trip!

Hii

I applied Bahrain Visa last 15days before  back still its showing employment visa processing.How many days its take.

Same case with me, my employer is saying that my visa is in the process but on LMRA Express Services, nothing shows up.
Just wanted to know, how long it may take to get the approval from them?

Depends, no one can tell or give a exact time frame, hope for the best.

T&R

Thanks, Sir :)
Hoping for the best.