Do I need to book a return ticket?

Hi guys,
  I will be travelling to Dubai next week for work. I will arrive on a visitor visa and my employers will apply for my work visa within a week. Do I need to book a return ticket (from NZ - so I just receive visa upon arrival)? And since I am arriving on a visitor visa is it ok to say that I am here for work and my employer will apply for work visa in the next few days? Or better to just say I'm visiting friends (also true).
Thanks

dear no one can you one way ticket on visit visa. you can get one way ticket only on if u have employee visa
take both side ticket when visa process done you can return your ticket from here as well

No one will ask you the purpose of your visit. Besides, it is legal to convert visit visa to employment visa and from January 2016 onwards, all the visas can be converted without exiting. More over, the duration of stay for Visa on Arrival is revised as 90 days. But, you are not permitted to work under visit visa. You can apply for jobs, and once you get it, you need to convert it. Return ticket is not mandatory.

Thank you :)

hey
I didnt hear about converting the visa without exiting starting jan 2016, i hope it is true. but if now you can book a one way ticket, and when u have to exit u can book a ticket to Oman (half hour flight). The reason is that you have to enter the country via airport with ur work visa and not the tourism one.

2asem wrote:

hey
I didnt hear about converting the visa without exiting starting jan 2016, i hope it is true. but if now you can book a one way ticket, and when u have to exit u can book a ticket to Oman (half hour flight). The reason is that you have to enter the country via airport with ur work visa and not the tourism one.

If it is a visa on arrival, it can be transferred, even before the amendment. The employer need to pay the endorsement fee.