Good optician in the central area?

Can anyone recommend a good optician, if possible in or close to Naxxar? I'd need a comprehensive eye test, new glasses + sunglasses and contact lenses :) Used to go to Vision Express in Ireland & UK and was very happy with their service and prices, especially the contact lens scheme with automatic delivery. Is there something similar here? In terms of the eye tests, do they carry them out in one of the shops or do you actually have to go to a hospital to see an eye doctor?

Also, would you say the prices are less or more than the UK? I don't want to pay a fortune but if I have to choose I'd prefer great quality and service :)

Thanks in advance!
Mel

prices are on par with the uk
i need to go to opticians here too but i have looked around and it all depends on what kind of service you want and the style of frames - they usually have buy one etc offers here too

you get frames starting from about 29 euro

eye tests are done in the shop but you have to book an appointment

Thanks Rob! I might even 'recycle' my current frame - paid over £300 for it after all! For me it's the lenses that cost a lot. They have to be specially coated and polished etc. which all adds up quickly! When you've found a good one make sure you let us know :)

Try Lourdes Pharmacy/Opticians.,
Naxxar Road, San Gwann.

Thanks scunkone, their website looks really good! Have you been there yourself? If yes what did you get - e.g. lenses, glasses? Anyone there you can recommend in particular?

Hi Blackangelheart,
have been using them for many years for glasses. If you want an eye test you have to make an appointment.

Sounds great, will definitely check them out and report back :) thanks!