Washer and Dryer in Doha

Hi, my friends are living in the Pearl and they have to take all the laundry to dry-cleaner. The reason being is that the washer and dryer in the condo is basically useless. They said that the capacity of the unit is very small.  After pulling in a few shirts, the washer is full.  The dryer is a joke!.  After drying the clothes for over 2 hours, not only the clothes are wrinkle but they and still wet.

My friends said people hang dry their clothes there so the dryer is not important. 

My question is can I still can North American standard washer/dryer there in Doha.  I want to do laundry at the comfort of my own home.  Any brands/stores we should check out?

Thanks for your honest opinion.

Yes indeed you can. I have done this myself. You can buy a non-vented (indesit) dryer if you do not have a vent in your accommodation.

If space is a big issue, simply buy the dryer only and use the washer to wash. The outcome is as good as my high end Samsung set in US.

The dryer I purchased is a Bosch Classixx 7 .

Thanks very much for responding GeminiFun.  What brand of washer do you use?  Can it do a large load?  With your washer and Bosch Classixx7 dryer, do you ever still have to go to a dry cleaner?

Thanks,

Bearby

Hi Bearby!

I'm a single guy who really doesn't lime to iron. Shocker Huh? My Bosch dryer will handle as much as my traditional front load at home and if I keep moving, there is no need to iron or dry clean. Just empty the water from accumulator between loads and clean lint filter. I'm super impressed with it really. I bought mine used for QR 1100 from Qatar Living classified. I was shocked that it was used because all the plastic was still on it, and no lint traces to be found anywhere.

Model I believe is WTE84106GB. Google that number. Others make them as well, but I can tell you this one works flawlessly. 7kg capacity. Much more than you can put into your standard washing machine here.

Hi GeminiFun,

Thanks again.  I am surprised to hear anyone actually like ironing.  Ha ha.  I want to avoid it at all costs!!! 

So the WTE84106GB is the Bosch dryer, right?  I feel relieved that I can do my laundry at the comfort of my home without having to go to a dry cleaner every week.  What about the washer?  Do they have normal (N. American) capacity washers there?  One that can take a large load (towels, jeans, shirts, pants in one wash for 2 people)? 

I don't know what model of the washer my friend has but she said she can only wash a few items with the washer and it will take close to 1 hours and 45 mins for the load to finish and the clothes come out wet and with lots of wrinkle. 

Bearby