Salary for decent living

Husband got job in San Jose with $3000.we have a 10 month baby and everything we have to handle like housing and other expenses is it good to accept the offer?

those wages would make it hard to survive.  what are his skills?

Even if it's $3000 take home, that's hard to get by on in California, I sure wouldn't take that challenge...

I agree with previous 2 posts.
Not near enough. Have you factored in medical insurance cover?
Check this website out for cost of living www.numbeo.com

I will advise you to leave California & find somewhere that your skills/salary will give you a decent standard of living, because as they say over here "you'd be living high on the hog" in somewhere like Missouri, & even though the Californates will sneer, there are many who have "emigrated" from Cally to Mizzoo for the green rolling hills, cheap housing (ie; a 2000sq ft house ON the lake for $250k!!) & friendly people!

San Jose is in Silicon Valley which is becoming more and more expensive each year. There are other places surrounding San Jose that you could find more affordable living and your husband can just commute to work. Check out Morgan Hill, Milpitas, Union City to start with.

On twice that amount you will barely get by
Bob K

3k for a family of three in Silly Valley is impossible.

stumpy wrote:

Have you factored in medical insurance cover?

Add car payments and car insurance, and they wouldn't have much left for grocery.

twostep wrote:

3k for a family of three in Silly Valley is impossible.

It's not in Silicon Valley alone, but Just about everywhere in CA. 

In OC (Southern CA), our children are paying almost $2500 for a 2-bedroom apartment.  Since it's owned by Irvine Company, not one part of utility is included in the rent, not even garbage.  After utilities and Internet (no cable because they don't watch TV), it's close to $2800.

And that's before insurance, maintenance, and gas for two cars, before health care, cell phone plan, food, clothing for work, entertainment, personal care, etc. and etc.

I truly don't know any working couples or growing families in CA who can survive on $3000/m unless they live in unfavourable areas and/or receive aids.

No, I wouldn't recommend this offer. You should at least have some income yourself, like another $3000. If not then it's impossible to get by.