Purchases a property on the North Coast

Looking to locate to Jamaica but in the meantime need to check out the housing situation as I don't fancy living in rental accommodation.
Would like to use it as a holiday base initially
Has anyone purchase or  looking to purchase one of the new built gated community properties that are getting built along the North Coast

Good Morning,
The gated schemes look like a small barracks community.  They are conveniently located in St Ann and St Mary.  The quality of construction is something to consider. Check for the invasion of insects. 
Jamaica is beautiful.

We bought land and build ourselves a home with the local talented workers. Love them all.

Yes that's true! I went passed a few when I visited around Christmas and all the houses seemed to be on top of each other, I really don't know why they built them so close to one another.
your better off buying a house in a well established gated community, I live in a gated community and I like that each house has it's space.

Hi Dreamer2222 & Sparklie

Thank you both for your response , single women on her own might not be possible on embarking on a self built !

Sparklie have you relocated if so where are you now based in JA

look forward to hearing from you

cherish 50

No not yet , I hope to be gone next year May 2017. I'm still trying to prepare myself so I can ease in as quickly as possible.

Good luck in the preparation - just like you to know that back in 1995 I immigrated to JA and spent over 10yrs I had  lovely experience there .Unfortunately l had to return to UK but not because of any thing to do with living there .Hence the reason I am looking forward to returning

Thanks. Yes preparation takes a while when moving to another country, you have to do it right or else you will end up running back to the UK very quickly 🙈

My house is located in Tower Isles St Mary. You have some lovely schemes in St Mary such as Spring Valley and St Mary Country Club to name a few. You also have Richmond and Priory in St Ann's which have been there for a while.

Thanks for the info - will look in to it

Questions and answers about housing

Ask your question
find an accommodation in Kingston
By AliceFJM
Find appartment in may pen
By eben80
Housing in Jamaica
By Julien
Buying property in Jamaica
By Christine
Jamaica flatshare
By Christine
Rent a flat or a house in Jamaica
By Christine

Expatriate health insurance in Jamaica

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Jamaica

Moving to Jamaica

Find tips from professionals about moving to Jamaica

Travel insurance in Jamaica

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Jamaica

Flights to Jamaica

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Jamaica