Moving to HCMC in the near future

Hi all, myself and my girlfriend have recently traveled through SE Asia and we have just started looking for work teaching English in HCMC. We are currently in Phnom Penh, but we are thinking of going back to HCMC because I would imagine it'll be easier to find work if we are in the city. We both have degrees and CELTA's and have been advised getting a job shouldn't be too difficult.

Quick visa related question. We have been advised that if we come to Vietnam on 3 month tourist visa's we will then have to do a visa run if an employer applies for a work permit on our behalf, is that correct? We were advised that if we get a business visa we don't have to do a visa run, but as far as I can see we need a letter of approval to get a business visa.

I know this is a very broad question, but what district would you recommend living in? We want to be centrally located(ish) and will probably be looking at spending approx $500 on a 1 bed flat

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bicker,

There are many English teaching centers in HCM city such as British Council, VUS, Duong Minh... You can use google to search and send your CV for applying.

For visa, I recommend you come to UK embassy in Le Duan street, Dist 1 and ask.

For staying, you can stay in these district: Dist 10, 3, Phu Nhuan, Tan Binh. Phu Nhuan is located in the middle of the city, you can travel around easily.

Hope it can help.

John

Hi!
Do you know Wall Street English? That School is my suggestion for you. Search google for more information because I have no much information of that school. Beside that, District 7 is the greatest place to live and work in Ho Chi Minh city because of Peace, fresh air, many parks, Vivo City Mall and Crescent Mall,... you know... and Phu My Hung  have a lot of foreigners are living and working.

Best Regards,
Johnsy

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : proposing services as well as sharing of contact infos not allowed on the forum.