Possibility of moving over

Hi everyone, myself (35), husband and daughter of two are coming over to look into moving in May as a permanent relocation. We are going to rent a home and then my husband shall look at work (accountant and company secretary) then we shall take it from there. We also have ear marked Dubai too so shall be doing a month there too.
We have honeymooned in Mauritius and loved it but it was 8 years ago and obviously we didn't have our daughter or even contemplate being in the position to move somewhere.
Where are your top places to live as a young family?
Are there big expat communities to join and participate in?
I will be a stay at home mum so shall not be working but will require a social network for myself with other mums.
Looking forward to your ideas

👍 great choose of destination you will falls in love with this beautiful island enthusiastic people very friendly and whatever you do how lost you are you will ends at the beach which are gorgeous by the way 😊

Hello ThomoTrio and welcome to Expat.com

There is a large https://www.expat.community here! Most of the expats in Mauritius are based either up North( around Grand Baie) or South West coast (Tamarin and Flic en Flac), but you can also find others around Blue Bay, Albion etc.

There are facebook pages dedicated to expats mums living in the north of the island. 

I invite you also to browse the Mauritius Forum so as to gather as much info and maybe get some contacts of expats already living here.

The Living in Mauritius Guide may also prove helpful.

Best Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Dear

it's better you check places nearer  to your working place.  For Expat people, you can check TAMARIN, FLIC EN FLAC OR the north Trou aux biches, Grand baie etc.

[Moderated]

thanks
Jyoti

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not propose your services on the forum. Kindly register in the Mauritius business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you genuinely have the option of Dubai vs. Mauritius, choosing Dubai will always be a better option.

I say this simply because Mauritius is a small island in the Indian ocean, whereas Dubai is close to Europe, Africa and Asia.

The expat community is also a lot larger in Dubai (I would fathom a guess of +500,000 people) and once you get bored of Dubai (like you will get bored of Mauritius), you can find cheap(er) holidays for anywhere from Egypt to Greece.

Dubai also has 0% income tax whereas Mauritius has 15%.

You may prefer the island life, but there are a lot more opportunities (and jobs) in Dubai than Mauritius.