Let me know if you need help ...

Greetings and peace, After 5 years living here, II will try help and share my experiences if you have any questions regarding to this place.

Hello there Oyaji,

Thanks for your help, maybe you could introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself, what do you in life and so on.

Cheers
Bhavna

Hi Bhavna: Thanks for your message, I was just starting to worry for the quietness in this forum.
I am British educated Hong Kong Local who have being employed by Chinese National Companies for years, and I have being staying in Shenzhen for the past 5 years.  Married and contained. Happy to help anyone. Christian who don't get to church much.
love to travel around the world. Shops and treks in Weekend. love and hates Shenzhen. but gets around.   

Is it a lousy introduction? sorry if it is.  :)

Hi again Oyaji

No, not at all, it is a very good intro  :)

Glad to count you as one of our members.

Yes, hopefully there will be more interaction on the forum in the days to come.

Cheers
Bhavna

Just landed in Shenzhen ! And can't seem to understand anything...

Looked up the internet and found Coco park to be good. Heading there... ?

Anyone willing to join me for coffee or??

Sorry just saw the message. Coco park is good place for internet and coffee. but I guess everyone is busy in daytime. any particular help needed? just name it.

If you need to talk to someone for urgent matters you can call me at xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For your own security, please exchange your number via private messaging. Thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well I came for a bit of work. Apart from that I am trying to understand how to commute & communivate.
Offcourse a bit of company

Thanks buddy. Will do.
So where u from ?

One more tip for new arrivals in China: your facebook or instagram will not be working due to China's network security. Download "Wechat" app as an alternative immediately upon or before your arrival.

I am from Hong Kong and being live in this side of the boarder for nearly a decade.  :)

As for commute, underground/subway is cheap and on time if you know how to work out the ticketing. 2 yuan per trip only., or you can ask at the counter for a shenzhen Commute card with 100 yuan value inside. you can use that card to pay for anything at 7-11s too. Just like octopus card in Hong Kong.

As for communication Coco park is one of the places you shall have no issues at all for speaking English... :)

If you need a mobile, get one of those top up sim cards from any news stand or 7-11s. China Mobile is the one with best signals.

one more alternative for your transportation is "Uber". it is pretty alright in Shenzhen. just log in your normal uber account and follow the instructions. `Local taxi driver does not speak much english but they generally safe. Avoid those black market taxis ( who will approach you and tell you they will drive you to your destination for a fair price).

Great.. Good to know